Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Afgrl's Journal

Stayed up late last night and actually slept in this morning, which is surprising b/c the kids never let us sleep in, LOL.

1040am-1 serving malt-o-meal w/1tsp sugar; 1 protein shake; 20 oz water

1200pm-almonds; 16oz water

100pm-shrimp marinara 180/1.5/9; 2/3c carrots 35/0/1; 20oz water

400pm-1/2 of an avocado; 16oz water

630pm-4oz turkey breast 130/0.5/21g protein; med baked potato w/tsp margarine and cheese; 1/2c green beans; 20oz water

Last edited:
I keep looking at those pictures my hubby took for me the other night, and I'm freaking out about them. :worried: I am too nervous to post them, totally embarassed just looking at them myself.....ummn......on a good note though the scale is -2 lbs from a week ago, though. I'll just have to keep it up w/the clean dieting and excercise. Hopefully I'll be able to see some progress made soon.

745am-protein shake w/water;1 serving oatmeal

900-950am-30min cardio/20minutes weight trng

1000am-1/2 avocado;small banana;1/2 can Sobe Adrenaline Rush energy drink

1200pm 4oz turkey breast; 1 med potato; 16oz water w/tbs lemon juice

230pm-protein shake; apple; 1tbs natural pb

630pm-homade chicken stir fry with 2/3c carrots 4oz chicken breast & 1/4c brown rice; soy sauce for flavor; 8oz water; 6oz crystal light

Last edited:
I would suggest to you.....drop down on the cardio a bit - no more than a 1/2 hour a day. More than this could result in burning muscle for energy instead of burning fat, and you don't want that. Insert some strength training in the extra time you used for the cardio. If your body has more muscle, it will burn more fat for energy.

Eat 1 gram of protein per 1 lb of body weight every day. I'm finding it difficult to see your ratios in your posts. Can you maybe put them at the end of the day in totals to make them easier to read?

Good luck - you're definitely on the right board!!:)

Thank you for the guidance Scorpio, I never thought that cardio could do that. I know there is so much more for me to learn, too.

730am-protein shake 80cals/0fat/20g protein;1serving oatmeal w/cinnamon 150/3/5;
20oz water

NO GYM, was on our way and my daughter got sick in the car. bleh...... :worried: Hopefully tomorrow she'll be better.

10am-protein shake 80/0/20; 1/2 can Sobe Adrenaline Rush 70/0/.5; 1egg 3egg whites 95/4/11; 16oz water

12pm-4oz chicken breast 105/7/37; 1 slice ww toast 65/0.75/2; 1 avocado 117/;20oz H2O

230pm-protein shake 80/0/20; 1/4c tomatoes 7.75/.1/.25; 1/2c cucumbers 7.14/.5/0.34; 2tbs italian dressing 80/8/0; 16oz water

630pm-4oz baked catfish filet 150/3.5/13; 1c green beans 40/0/2; 1/4c brown rice 150/1/3

Total Calories (approx)-1,276.89/Fat-50/Protein-96.5

Last edited:
ahhh, thanks, I can read those numbers now :)

Hope your daughter is feeling better!

Thank you, she wasn't at 100% yesterday, so I didn't want to take her to the daycare and get everyone else sick. No gym again yesterday.

Yesterday's (10/26) Entry

8am- protein shake; banana; 16oz water

1030am-protein bar; 1/2 can Sobe; 20oz water

12pm-Grilled chicken in garlic herb sauce w/red peppers and yellow & green squash; 16oz water

3pm-apple; 20oz water

700pm-2 small slices pepperoni pizza; 1/2 banana; 24oz water

Total Cals-1,192.85/Fat-30.45/Protein-77.94......I know the pizza wasn't the best of choices, it'll be my "cheat meal" for the week. I am also having a hard time getting enough protein in my diet, should I drink more protein shakes? Does anyone know what other foods are higher in protein besides chicken? Thanks.

8am-1 serving cream of rice; protein shake;16oz water

9-920am-cardio
920-950am-Pilates
950-1010 weight training
Sit-ups- 3 sets of 20/Push-ups-3 sets of 10/Reverse push-ups-3 sets of 10

1030am-2c salad (w/tomatoes, carrots, 5 olives & 2 tbs italian dressing)

12pm-4oz tuna w/1tbs mayo in 1/2 of a ww pita

Last edited:
Okay, when I first posted my stats and my goals on here I think I set the bar pretty darn high. I am thinking that I'll lower it a little, b/c I don't want to let myself down if I can't get to that 1st goal I made. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to make it to that level, but if I can AT LEAST drop 15-20lbs and get down to 22-25%bf I'd be ALRIGHT w/that. I had originally posted that I wanted to drop 20lbs and half my body wieght, but I am unsure of what is "the norm" for someone my height 5'3" when it comes to weight and bf%. When I do make it to this goal then I will raise the bar again back to my original goal. I am NOT giving up! BTW does anyone know what the ratio between lbs and bf% is.....?

Total Cals-1,192.85/Fat-30.45/Protein-77.94......I know the pizza wasn't the best of choices, it'll be my "cheat meal" for the week. I am also having a hard time getting enough protein in my diet, should I drink more protein shakes? Does anyone know what other foods are higher in protein besides chicken? Thanks.

I had that same problem when I started - not getting enough protein.

Once I added tilapia (or any kind of fish), grilled shrimp, ground turkey and/or ground buffalo it's put me over the 40% of my cals from protein. I still have to make an all-out honest effort to cut back on the carbs. Most of my meals now are centered around protein, with just a small side of carbs. That way I know my ratios are close to where I want them to be. If not it would be all carbs, all the time. :rolleyes:

Chicken, fish, lean red meat, turkey breast, buffalo, beefalo, horse (someone else had that in her diet - not sure who right now - she's not in the US)....I know there's more, but my brain isn't working right now.

Top Bottom