Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Afgrl's Journal

900am-oatmeal
protein shake
16oz water

1030am-16oz water
dbl scoop protein shake

1230pm-2c salad w/2 tbsff italian dressing
1c leftover turkey stew
16oz water

330pm-1 serving dry roasted peanuts
16oz water

700pm-1/2c 98% lean beef tacos (w/2 tortillas & 2 tbs grated chz)
1/4c lettuce & tomatoes
2 tbs taco sauce
1c green beans
protein shake
16oz water

TOTALS: Will enter these in the AM. Good Night!

I don't know why I never thought that they'd do the callipers at the gym, duh! So, I woke up this morning feeling all bloated and fat, but I decided to go workout and get weighed and bf% measured. They used both the callipers and the scale w/the bf% measurement on it as well...............

20 minutes on the elliptical at cross training level #3
10 minutes HIIT on the treadmill 5.6 & 5.0mph

My scale is off at home. I'm not 133 like I'd previously posted. Freaked out a little b/c I've gained a few lbs; I'm at 137 now. I'm going to post the old stats first, then the new stats.......last time I got bf% measured w/callipers was:
Oct 11, 2005 (7 site skinfold) 29.5% bf
Measurements:
Subscapular-13
Triceps-20
Chest-11
Midaxillary-10
Suprailiac-15
Umbillical (abdominal)-22
Thigh-29

New Stats! Jan 9, 2006
Measurements:
Subscapular-13 (same)
Triceps-14 (down 6)
Chest-11 (same)
Midaxillary-7 (down3)
Suprailiac-10 (down 5)
Umbillical (abdominal)-14 (down8)
Thigh-21 (down 8)

According to the bf scale they have I'm at 25.9% bf.........but according to the callipers I'm at 18.7% Whaaaaat? Is this possible?!? Wow, I was so surprised, I asked her to dbl check, lol! :laugh2:

730am-1 serving oatmeal
protein shake
16oz water

1030am-2 tbs nat pb
1/2 serving crackers
16oz water

1200pm-1c Healthy Choice Chicken, rice & veggie soup
1c salad w/1 tbs cw ranch
protein shake
16oz water

Last edited:
Afgrl said:
I don't know why I never thought that they'd do the callipers at the gym, duh! So, I woke up this morning feeling all bloated and fat, but I decided to go workout and get weighed and bf% measured. They used both the callipers and the scale w/the bf% measurement on it as well...............

20 minutes on the elliptical at cross training level #3
10 minutes HIIT on the treadmill 5.6 & 5.0mph

My scale is off at home. I'm not 133 like I'd previously posted. Freaked out a little b/c I've gained a few lbs; I'm at 137 now. I'm going to post the old stats first, then the new stats.......last time I got bf% measured w/callipers was:
Oct 11, 2005 (7 site skinfold) 29.5% bf
Measurements:
Subscapular-13
Triceps-20
Chest-11
Midaxillary-10
Suprailiac-15
Umbillical (abdominal)-22
Thigh-29

New Stats! Jan 9, 2006
Measurements:
Subscapular-13 (same)
Triceps-14 (down 6)
Chest-11 (same)
Midaxillary-7 (down3)
Suprailiac-10 (down 5)
Umbillical (abdominal)-14 (down8)
Thigh-21 (down 8)

According to the bf scale they have I'm at 25.9% bf.........but according to the callipers I'm at 18.7% Whaaaaat? Is this possible?!? Wow, I was so surprised, I asked her to dbl check, lol! :laugh2:

730am-1 serving oatmeal
protein shake
16oz water

1030am-2 tbs nat pb
1/2 serving crackers
16oz water
I wouldn't pay attention to the scale BF measurement. I had similar results as you with my trainer taking my bodyfat masurements. At the time my electronic said 19%, my trainer got like 28%. There are a lot of variables though... I mean water is a big issue with those results, skin thickness can mess with the numbers, so who knows. Just keep on moving :)

treilin said:
I wouldn't pay attention to the scale BF measurement. I had similar results as you with my trainer taking my bodyfat masurements. At the time my electronic said 19%, my trainer got like 28%. There are a lot of variables though... I mean water is a big issue with those results, skin thickness can mess with the numbers, so who knows. Just keep on moving :)

I concur with Trelin. The BF Tanita scale in my bathroom has me anywhere from 28-30% in the morning. According to the calliper measurement, I'm at 15-16%. HUGE difference....

Diet has been off the past 2 days, no appetite what-so-ever, practically have to force myself to eat anything! Not to mention that I've had insomnia for the past 2 days as well. I don't know what is going on.......ug, but I feel like garbage, I have no clue why I haven't been able to sleep. No gym, but did walk 3 miles all around the past 2 days. Anyone know of anything that'll help w/insomnia?!?

8am-oatmeal w/1 scoop protein
16oz water

1030-1 serving dry raosted peanuts
16oz water

1200pm-vegetable french bread
16oz water

330pm-2oz motzerella cheese
32oz water

700pm-2slices extra thin crust cheese & 1 slice pepperoni pizza
4oz diet coke
20oz water

Last edited:
I wonder why you don't have an appetite and can't sleep...have you been stressed or nervous about something?

Have you ever tried ZMA? It is an anabolic mineral formula. It contains Zinc, Magnesium and vitamin B-6. Taken before bedtime, it promotes deeper, more restful sleep. My husband and I have come to LOVE it, especially when we work so much and need to wind down quickly at night in order to get enough rest! :qt:

iceprincess said:
I wonder why you don't have an appetite and can't sleep...have you been stressed or nervous about something?

Have you ever tried ZMA? It is an anabolic mineral formula. It contains Zinc, Magnesium and vitamin B-6. Taken before bedtime, it promotes deeper, more restful sleep. My husband and I have come to LOVE it, especially when we work so much and need to wind down quickly at night in order to get enough rest! :qt:

When I was younger, my parents were involved in Shaklee. I swear I took about 20 vitamins 2x a day!!! (shhh, don't tell but 1/2 the time I flushed them down the toilet - lol) Anyway, my dad use to have a problem sleeping and he would always take a couple calcium magnesium & zinc to help him.

Hope you get some good rest soon!

Also, not that this is exactly the "healthiest" way but try Simply Sleep. It's Tylenol PM without the Tylenol. I've had to rely on those blue pills a bit this week....but I only take one, not two. You can be a bit dozy in the mornings otherwise.

Top Bottom