Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Advise, Pllllllleeeeaaase on the correct squat

cownslr

I know another newbie, but seriously I have lQQked through the training threads and here and have yet to see someone ask this.

When squatting, how do you keep yourself from going forward on the way back up? Other than looking straight up, planting your heals, I'm aware of all that.

I guess I should explain what I've done.

I can do a perfect squat using dumbells as in 20lbs in each hand, but as soon as I go to the bar and repeat the exact same motion I tend to lean forward.

I realize I am doing serious whimpy weight, But I want to get technique perfect before I start throwing on wheels.

And when I do these my reps are extremely SLOW, I can feel the burn more that way.

But I really do need to increase weight if I want the results I am lQQking for.

Any advise is helpful.

Thank you

Ranger's advice on achieving the perfect form on squats...

Take the bar only...let it rest on the front of your delts(shoulders) crossing your arms with the hands resting on the point where the traps and delts meet....you must keep your elbows up...

Now, squat down, pushing the hips back, and yet keeping the back in line...

When you stand up from the bottom of the lift, you must maintain perfect form, back aligned, hips pushing forward...etc. If you don't, the bar will slide off your delts...Keep doing this until it's a natural movement for you

This is also called the " Front Squat " and one of the best exercises for the quads....

Ranger

Gracias

Mucho Gracias

And couldn't have come at a better time. Tomorrow is LEG day.

It sounds as though it could be awkward but I will definitely practice.

I appreciate this more than you know:)

Top Bottom