Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Advice Please Please Please

PowerPrincess

Hey everyone.

Ok, I am starting the body for life challenge - which i did in the past and had good results.

My question is this however: Should I take fatburners with the program or not. I used to take fatburners and did real well with them in the fat loss department - but i also feel like i became dependent on them (i was taking NYC-adipokinetix)

Can you give me your opinion whether I should start taking nyc again and if yes, why - and if no, why not.

Thanks. :D

I tried "fat-burners". After a careful assessment of whether they work or not I now call them "money-burners".

The primary effect of "fat burners" is to suppress your appetite and give you lots of energy to work out in a hypocaloric state. The increase in your metabolism is pretty negligible - 3-5% is being generous.

The fallacy in this thinking, anyway, is that at rest, typically you will be burning 50% glucose and 50% free fatty acids, unless you just ate a very high fat or high carb meal.

Focus more on what you can do to lose weight, not what you can take to lose weight.

PP -the question is "how dependent did you become on them?" I became very addicted to them and could not function without it...I was on them for a year straight and finally had to detox due to personality changes...I had been using them for off and on for many years, then stayed on them...I had to get my thyroid back in check by doing support supplements after doing a stint with T4....it took me 10 days to detox and get my vision back- I couldnt see more than 10 ft...these drugs (ephedrine based) secrete serotonin (sp?) in minute amounts...and over a period of time will deplete it, as the body cannot keep up...thus causing depression....they do work well, if you can handle it....it comes down to whether or not you are at risk for addiction....you must be careful with dehydration also, these cause deep hydration problems from the bodies core....

Ceebs.....:bigkiss:

I would start your challenge and and not consider fat burners until all possible efforts through diet, cardio and weights fail.

PBR said:
PP -the question is "how dependent did you become on them?"

Well I became dependent in the sense that If i didn't take it I would have extreme withdrawal symptoms: not being able to lift my head, worst caffiene headache ever, no energy, and after a while being always hugry. :worried:

Hi Power!!

Power,

When are you starting? I have all the BFL material. I'm thinking of maybe joining you on your challenge?!? I'm also from Long Island. I live in Ridge, that's 68 on the LIE!!! I'm on aim if you wanna chat. jackie1216.......Talk to you soon.

anything used to the extreme is bound to be bad......wait until the fat loss hits a plateau and then add them in slowly...taking 2-3 weeks to hit a maximum dose.......the drop that burner and add a different flavor

Re: Hi Power!!

flexygrl said:
Power,

When are you starting? I have all the BFL material. I'm thinking of maybe joining you on your challenge?!? I'm also from Long Island. I live in Ridge, that's 68 on the LIE!!! I'm on aim if you wanna chat. jackie1216.......Talk to you soon.

So glad we spoke online - you better do the BFL challenge on Monday!!! You CAN DO IT BABE!!

Hi Power!!!

You too!!!! I saw you online today but I was sooooo busy at work. Just wanted to say HI!!! I'm still planning on BFLing it! If any other ladies want to join us, please feel free.

If you are not familiar with Body for Life, here is the link:

http://bodyforlife.com/

Top Bottom