Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Advice on avavar cycle for 60yr old woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinnynowbig

Hi guys,

bit of background first...

my mum is 60years old, does pilates, yoga, circuit training & weight training, for the past 8 weeks.

she is really eager to carry on, but is struggling with strength, and no appetitie. I have boght her some whey protein to speed along recovery etc.

from the ages of 45 to 60, she has suffered anarexia with anarexia, her lowest weight being 84lbs at 5'10.

she is now 110lbs still 5'10. But she still looks extremley skinny, and next to no muscle mass or strength,

I was explaining to her, there are steroid tablets aimed more at females such as anavar. And was considering a 10 week course at 5mg a day.

if anyone could give me some input that would be great.

Hi guys,

my mum is 60years old, does pilates, yoga, circuit training & weight training, for the past 8 weeks.

she is really eager to carry on, but is struggling with strength, and no appetitie. I have boght her some whey protein to speed along recovery etc.

from the ages of 45 to 60, she has suffered anarexia with anarexia, her lowest weight being 84lbs at 5'10.

she is now 110lbs still 5'10. But she still looks extremley skinny, and next to no muscle mass or strength,

I was explaining to her, there are steroid tablets aimed more at females such as anavar. And was considering a 10 week course at 5mg a day.

Nothing, Anavar included, can help her if she won't eat more. She needs to eat more. That's it.

Nothing, Anavar included, can help her if she won't eat more. She needs to eat more. That's it.

well she has put on 25lbs, with borderline no fat over a few years

i am not saying tommorow im going be going out sourcing some just needed some knowledge for future refererence, I cycle test and orals mself but know 'zero' about female aas use

i just wanted feedback, based on her age also, i think it would be good for her...

i have advised her to cut back on the circuit training, so she's not burning to much cals.

we measured her calorie intake a day last week, and it was 1800 high protein, high carbs. Which for 110lbs isnt too bad. She does not want to be hugely defined.....google "jamie eason" that type of physique

also how long should a cycle be ran for. i read somewhere you can do it upto 4 months at 5mg, as that quantity isnt very liver toxic...

I completely disagree with this thread.

Do not give steroids to a sixty year old woman with a history of anorexia. That is an illness. Steroids, like other drugs, are not used to treat illnesses.

She needs serious help, an online forum and steroids are both not the answer.

hmmm...has she tried BHRT?
at her age shes prime for it and would see excellent results that route under the care of a doctor...who will be cognizant of her history of an eating disorder. Var can very often make people NOT want to eat so it could wildly backfire.

she can try a regular obgyn but they may be unsympathetic (how is propecia fda approved but drs are sketchy about womens natural hormones)

or she can try an hrt clinic who will most likely put her on androgel, bio identical progesterone and possibly GH if shes deficient...and could all possibly be covered under insurance and be all obv pharm grade stuff
I'd really try to steer her away from any of the estrogen stuff they may suggest though...the progest should be sufficient

I'd go that route with her.

In theory, var could be an effective drug for someone who had been starving for a long time and then had been eating more and WANTED to gain weight but was struggling to put on lbs. It is used in chronic disease wasting states like HIV/AIDS, but it is also used in conjunction with other drugs to stimulate the appetite and with regular blood tests to keep track of all the variables at play. It's much more complicated than doing a Deca cycle for spring break.

There are a bunch of reasons I wouldn't give it to an unrecovered anorexic:

1. A person that underweight should regain weight under the supervision of a doctor. Google "refeeding syndrome". Also, severe electrolyte disturbances can lead to death. Yes, from food.

2. Anavar could suppress the appetite, yes, but in someone without enough food intake it could pull nourishment from more vital organs (brain, heart, kidneys) to feed muscle. You don't want that.

I'm not saying no never. I'm just saying she has to start eating and gaining weight first. Otherwise the drug is not only wasted, it's dangerous.

Sorry about your struggles with your mom. If you want more advice about this situation feel free to PM me.

C

In theory, var could be an effective drug for someone who had been starving for a long time and then had been eating more and WANTED to gain weight but was struggling to put on lbs. It is used in chronic disease wasting states like HIV/AIDS, but it is also used in conjunction with other drugs to stimulate the appetite and with regular blood tests to keep track of all the variables at play. It's much more complicated than doing a Deca cycle for spring break.

There are a bunch of reasons I wouldn't give it to an unrecovered anorexic:

1. A person that underweight should regain weight under the supervision of a doctor. Google "refeeding syndrome". Also, severe electrolyte disturbances can lead to death. Yes, from food.

2. Anavar could suppress the appetite, yes, but in someone without enough food intake it could pull nourishment from more vital organs (brain, heart, kidneys) to feed muscle. You don't want that.

I'm not saying no never. I'm just saying she has to start eating and gaining weight first. Otherwise the drug is not only wasted, it's dangerous.

Sorry about your struggles with your mom. If you want more advice about this situation feel free to PM me.

C

Solid info !

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

Hi guys,

It's interesting to me, on a totally unrelated note, that she would see an onset of an eating disorder at 45. Did something happen to her? That seems unusual to me.

You mentioned she had gained 25 lbs over the last few years, which is a good thing. Did she have any help with that? psychologically speaking? Is she on meds? How long has she been eating at the 1800 calorie mark?

Most importantly....does she want to gain weight? ED's are very complex and I wouldn't say no, never to var, either, but it would be really important to understand where she is at in her recovery, what her health status really is and how long she has been maintaining a "healthier" lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom