Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ACCUTANE Dosage for woman

KINGKONG69

My fiance is 21, and has been battling acne for a couple years now. she was on a short winny cycle, which she has stopped short, but she has broken out even worse.
she has tried all the creams, and wipes, and nothing works.
She wants to take accutane and she has read about all the possible sides. whats a good dosage for a woman.
i know a mans dosage would be about 40mg a day.

Hi! Have your girlfriend check out www.rxlist.com regarding Accutane. It has detailed information regarding sides, dosages, warnings, etc. It is a very powerful drug and should ONLY be administered under a doctor's care. Make sure she checks this out completely before making a decision.

Has she tried Retin-A? I used to have acne very bad and then I starting using Cleocin and Retin-A and now I only have acne once a month.

Good luck to her. I know acne can be very bothersome and embarrassing.

Just my $.02.

Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) has helped me a lot with acne. I take 1000mg a day.

I took Acutane about 15 years ago when I had bad cystic acne. My skin was crystal clear for about 5 years after that. Later I'd get the occassional breakout, but nothing like before.

Definitely want to be under a doctor's care on Accutane. I believe it's dosed by bodyweight. I remember I had a morning dose and nighttime dose. Can't remember which one was the heavier dose. You have to have monthly blood tests to monitor liver function. You also cannot take anything else that has vitamin A in it, even a multi vitamin. Accutane has very high vitamin A, and too much is toxic.

When you first start taking it, you feel itchy all over. That part goes away, but you get REALLY dry skin. My lips were always splitting and bleeding, and I had to keep dabbing A & D Ointment up my nose because it would get so dry and start bleeding.

Also have to be on birth control. Very serious birth defects possible.

King Kong, you may want to have her try Cleocin for a while. My g/f has always had very bad acne but really didn't want to deal with the possible accutane side effects, so she tried cleocin. There is a lotion and there is a solution which is more alcohol-based. Try the latter for 6 weeks twice a day if she doesn't want to go on the accutane right away.

As it did for Fennec, Vitamin B5 stacked with B6, helped me a lot! Maybe she should try it before accutane. I'm 26 and I've always had problem with my skin. Since I used B6 and B5, my skin is so much clearer.
LG

visit the page that junebug gave you and remember that the active ingredient is ISOTRETINOIN and click and dosages etc. my girlfrend took it for six months and with little sides most of them dried lips and dried eyes ,we bought it here in mexico by the name ROACCUTANE and it was like a thousand dlls. for her treatment but it was worth it ,she is very happy now. she is getting microdemabretion for those little scars.expensive too. your girl will see results after 8 weeks first you see more acne and suddenly their gone. there is a lot of personal pages with message boards about accutane. good luck and belive me it wiil bring up here self esteem too.;)

Top Bottom