Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Abxavier's journal

Made it to the gym today. Was feeling great this morning. Nights are mostly whats getting me though. I'm taking it easy getting back into the eating scene. Just ate a little bit of my chicken ceasar salad.
And to top my sickness of, i'm pmsing. What a combination. Cramping and feeling a tad sick. But i've been drinking plenty of water. Nothing but water.

I took it kinda easy at the gym. Worked the usual on monday. Back and a little bit of abs and 30mns cardio. Then to work I went.

Anyhow, just thought i'd update you guys. Letcha know how i'm doing.

Good to see you sticking with it though... Its takes real dedication to make a life stile change:biggrin:

Made it to the gym today. Was feeling great this morning. Nights are mostly whats getting me though. I'm taking it easy getting back into the eating scene. Just ate a little bit of my chicken ceasar salad.
And to top my sickness of, i'm pmsing. What a combination. Cramping and feeling a tad sick. But i've been drinking plenty of water. Nothing but water.

I took it kinda easy at the gym. Worked the usual on monday. Back and a little bit of abs and 30mns cardio. Then to work I went.

Abxavier, Just ease yourself into a full workout. Your body needs to rest and recover. Once you're better, you'll have a better workout and more energy.
Please, let us know how's your diet now.

How are you feeling?

I've been so busy lately. In the process of getting everything boxed up. I'm moving! And boss lady went on vacation so I had that many more hours.

Anyhow, i'ts been what two or three weeks since I was sick. I'm great now. Back to my normal self. Although, when I was sick, I was starving because my stomach couldn't handle any food. I lost a few pounds. But gained them right back when I was able to eat normally again. My body went on strike saying "no more dieting! no more dieting!" So I started eating not-so-great foods. But no worries, i'm getting back to it. It's crazy how much 4-5 days of being ill can change your whole diet. For a few days after getting back to it, I was like, I'm so tired of eating this stuff. I want burgers and fries and a buncha chocolates. I ate a burger or two from wendys (on seperate days) and fries. I know, I know. But i'm getting back to it. Haven't eaten like that in about a week. Been drinking more water though. More salads than anything. And uh, monthly times.... I ccccraaavvveee carbs. Oops. Been going a little high on those too. But I swear once I get settled in my new place (plan to move on the 20th!) i'm gonna have nothing but healthy foods. And we're getting a george foreman grill. No frying chicken! And a blender for fruit shakes and whatnot. I'm very excited about that.
But I think my body is just starting to really get back to normal. I was hungry 24/7 when I JUST got back from being sick. I mean hungry.... pangs, hungry.

So, i've been doing better in the gym. Everything I work, i've been working harder. The bf told me to lower weight a little bit and do more reps. Sometimes he notices I can't get more than 10 reps on some exercises. I've been able to up my weight by 10 on back.
I think the only body part i'm having a problem with when it comes to exercising is shoulders. I'm really just not feeling much after working them.

So how are you lovely ladies doing?!

glad yo see that you're back at it girl. The feeling of accomplishment after a good workout is so rewarding. And feeling "tight" is so exciting.
Post your workout with the exercises and these ladies will chime in and help you out with your shoulders. I love working my shoulders but "hate" the side raise. I don't feel strong when I do these. Anyhoo~
Keep up the good work!!

I've been so busy lately. In the process of getting everything boxed up. I'm moving! And boss lady went on vacation so I had that many more hours.

Anyhow, i'ts been what two or three weeks since I was sick. I'm great now. Back to my normal self. Although, when I was sick, I was starving because my stomach couldn't handle any food. I lost a few pounds. But gained them right back when I was able to eat normally again. My body went on strike saying "no more dieting! no more dieting!" So I started eating not-so-great foods. But no worries, i'm getting back to it. It's crazy how much 4-5 days of being ill can change your whole diet. For a few days after getting back to it, I was like, I'm so tired of eating this stuff. I want burgers and fries and a buncha chocolates. I ate a burger or two from wendys (on seperate days) and fries. I know, I know. But i'm getting back to it. Haven't eaten like that in about a week. Been drinking more water though. More salads than anything. And uh, monthly times.... I ccccraaavvveee carbs. Oops. Been going a little high on those too. But I swear once I get settled in my new place (plan to move on the 20th!) i'm gonna have nothing but healthy foods. And we're getting a george foreman grill. No frying chicken! And a blender for fruit shakes and whatnot. I'm very excited about that.
But I think my body is just starting to really get back to normal. I was hungry 24/7 when I JUST got back from being sick. I mean hungry.... pangs, hungry.

So, i've been doing better in the gym. Everything I work, i've been working harder. The bf told me to lower weight a little bit and do more reps. Sometimes he notices I can't get more than 10 reps on some exercises. I've been able to up my weight by 10 on back.
I think the only body part i'm having a problem with when it comes to exercising is shoulders. I'm really just not feeling much after working them.

So how are you lovely ladies doing?!
I'm a fan of heavier weight, fewer reps to start (4 - 6 weeks or so) then finish it up with a couple of weeks of lighter compound set or drop set workout. To increase your calorie and fat burn, superset your exercises. Perform one exercise with as much weight as you can and immediately perform another (can be alternate muscle group or the same but pair them compound vs. isolate moves). Repeat this for all 3 or 4 sets. Then move on to your next two movements. Some love this method and others hate it.

Take baby steps with your diet or you'll never make it a lifestyle change. BTW - check out lunnah's recent thread - I posted a great recipe that could take the place of your morning cereal :)

P.S. Most guys (sorry fellas) will tell you to lift lighter weight for higher reps. They are just scared ;-o

I do dropsets a lot. I did shoulders early last week and felt the burn afterward. I was happy.

I have another question.. about love handles. I know thats a part of eating right, but what are some good work outs to whip them into shape a little more? I do those side bend things with weight on the side machine but it doesn't do too much for the love handles. I hate them!

Last edited by a moderator:
I do dropsets a lot. I did shoulders early last week and felt the burn afterward. I was happy.

I have another question.. about love handles. I know thats a part of eating right, but what are some good work outs to whip them into shape a little more? I do those side bend things with weight on the side machine but it doesn't do too much for the love handles. I hate them!

No exercise will get rid of love handles. Only your nutrition will. As you burn the body fat, the love handles will start going away. So, if you have your diet in check, they will go away.

Unfortunately she is right. There is no exercise that can resolve this. I would stay away from side bends though - unless you need to broaden your mid section. Some people hold fat there more easily too and that is typically the last place it comes off. You'll see yourself start to shape up - promise. I can't remember if I've said this before or not but take pics of you from front, back and side. Every few months do it again so that you can see your progress. Sometimes mirrors lie ;-)

Hope you are well!

Top Bottom