Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

? about Glute/ Hamstring training

Wonder Women

Hi, I am wondering if I can get some advice on training my ghetto booty. This is an area that I have always been self concious about. I am fairly lean but I want the nicest toosh I can get. I lift my legs once a week and I go heavy weight/ low reps. I noticed that all the fitness chicks seem to use a moderate weight and do 4-5 sets , high reps. Does any one know what switching to higher rep range lower weight would do for me? I'm 5'4" , 117lbs. and about 11%b.f. I would love to have an ass like Monica Brants! Is it just a matter of dropping my b.f lower or what? All suggestions are greatly appreciated . Thanks, WW

You dont need to drop the weight and do more sets to get a great ass:) Squats, lunges, deadlifts, hack squats, using different foot positions....drop sets etc. Those will all help build a nice round fitness ass!!!!

Hi, Thanks for the reply n@gb. My ass is already very round , that is why I call it my ghetto butt. I don't need to get it bigger I carry a lot of lean mass. I compete in figure and body building and I am just in searchof the perfect tush. I do all the exercises you mentioned already. I was wondering if the change in sets and rep range would challenge the muscle in a different way. What do you think? What are drop sets?

I'm with New@gettinbig on that! SQUAT SQUAT SQUAT and don't forget stiff legs deadlift and squeeeezzzze it!;)
LG

I know what you're saying about your ass. Yes I'd like to have one like Monica's, too, but I don't have the same genetics.

I tend to build easily on my inner thigh, so I don't work those very much, just one set of 20 at a moderate weight to keep toned. Otherwise my jeans wear out there.

The usual mix that everyone's been saying. I'm thinking you want to do something that will have the effect that leg extensions do on the quads. Defining rather than building. <rummaging through her archives>

For variety:

I added one legged Smith Machine squats with the rear leg up on a bench. This one's a killer.

Or you can rig the Smith Machine not to catch and with a spotter, go down on your elbows and push the bar up with one leg. I wish I had a picture to show you this. Oh and use the bar only at first. It's a killer.

Another is to do 20 mins on the treadmill at 15% incline at 2.5 to 3 mph on a non-leg day as part of your cardio workout.

Try them. You'll hate me for the suggestion.

Sasha

Thank you ladies for your advice.
Sasha,
that is exactly the kind of suggestions I'm looking for. Your right about what I want: to define not build. I need to shock those muscles to make gains in the right direction. Squats, lunges, and dead lifts have been staples in my leg work out for a very long time. I like the new ideas you had for me and I'm not afraid of the hard work, I'm sure I'll love you for it!
Wonder Women
* could you tell me about drop sets? Is that when you start with 20 reps, then 15, then 10, then 6 : increasing the weight as you go? I would like to give it a try if yall will advise me!

A drop set is when you are on your last set of exercises, lets say your 3rd set, and you are lifting as heavy as you can etc, finish that set and then drop the weight by 15-20 lbs and continue to do the exercise untill you are BURNT out, till failure...works great for any bodypart, its also good to use if you do not have someone to spot you and you are working out alone. There are several different ways you can do your sets, mix up your routine and try new stuff to shock your bod...I agree with the treadmill on an incline....I do that right after leg day and kill my legs......works wonders!!

And here I thought drop sets were when you were in the middle of a set and felt like you were going to drop.:eek: :D :eek:

Seriously, thanks for defining them. I wasn't sure either.

Sasha

Top Bottom