Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

? about Glute/ Hamstring training

Hey WW,
It looks like I'm going to have to be your EVIL twin. I just tried to change my name through my profile and I couldn't :(.

I LOVE drop sets - you feel really powerful doing them. We have a pet name for them - Pyramid of Pain, 'cause you go up up up, then down down down.

I HATE super sets, because they make me feel really weak and by the time I get through a round, I'm gasping for breath. BUT they work really well, too.

Fennec

WW#2 I noticed that most articles show the fitness gals doing lighter/more reps. The school of thought is that way "tones" and going heavy "builds".

Try alternating weeks - one light, one heavy, concentrating on those areas with a good squeeeeeeze as mentioned. Also step ups are great...place high sturdy bench (like flat bench) in front of you with db's in hand, step up focusing on pushing through the heel of the working leg. Reverse lunges are also are good.

FlexKitten - now that's a cool handle!

I also alternate between heavy and light weeks. Referring to legs, by heavy I mean a weight at which I can get 10-12 reps and light between 15-20 reps. I periodically mix things up with drop sets and supersets. I also do "rest-pause". I don't think anyone mentioned that already. Here's how I do it - after I reach failure on a set, I stop and count to 5. Then I crank out as many more reps as I can.

FlexKitten - now that's a cool handle!

I also alternate between heavy and light weeks. Referring to legs, by heavy I mean a weight at which I can get 10-12 reps and light between 15-20 reps. I periodically mix things up with drop sets and supersets. I also do "rest-pause". I don't think anyone mentioned that already. Here's how I do it - after I reach failure on a set, I stop and count to 5. Then I crank out as many more reps as I can.

Just to add to FF's info - for me heavy days means 6-8 rep range, light 10-12. So we all tweek it a little differently.

I was hoping some of you comic fans would catch the Diana Prinze reference. Is BMom falling down on the job??
BTW WW#2 no need to change your handle if you don't want to, although Flex Kitty is cool :)
WW

Hey Girls, I changed my name:D ! Ww#2 will now be known as FlexKitten.
I've been rotating light and heavy to keep the fibers challenged. Rep range for light being 10-12, and heavy being 8-10. I want to thank you all again for your suggestions. I'm going to try the drops sets first and see what this does. Thanks Flex:kitty:

Top Bottom