x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabsdomestic-supply
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals

? about Glute/ Hamstring training

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about ? about Glute/ Hamstring training within the Women's Fitness (Female Bodybuilding and Training) category.

Excerpt: Hi, I am wondering if I can get some advice on training my ghetto booty. This is an area that I have always been self concious about. I am fairly lean but I want the nicest toosh I can get. I lift my legs once a week and I go heavy weight/ low reps. I noticed that all the fitness chicks seem to use a moderate weight and do 4-5 sets , high reps. Does any one know what switching to higher rep range lower weight would do for me? I'm 5'4" , 117lbs. and about 11%b.f. I would love to have an ass

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hey WW,
    It looks like I'm going to have to be your EVIL twin. I just tried to change my name through my profile and I couldn't .

Good Broly
    Superstitious dust is twisting in the wind...
    I LOVE drop sets - you feel really powerful doing them. We have a pet name for them - Pyramid of Pain, 'cause you go up up up, then down down down.

I HATE super sets, because they make me feel really weak and by the time I get through a round, I'm gasping for breath. BUT they work really well, too.

Fennec

Good Bro
    WW#2 I noticed that most articles show the fitness gals doing lighter/more reps. The school of thought is that way "tones" and going heavy "builds".

Try alternating weeks - one light, one heavy, concentrating on those areas with a good squeeeeeeze as mentioned. Also step ups are great...place high sturdy bench (like flat bench) in front of you with db's in hand, step up focusing on pushing through the heel of the working leg. Reverse lunges are also are good.

WarLobo, Could I be known as FlexKitten?
    Thanks to you all for the suggestions, WW#2

FlexKitten - now that's a cool handle!

I also alternate between heavy and light weeks. Referring to legs, by heavy I mean a weight at which I can get 10-12 reps and light between 15-20 reps. I periodically mix things up with drop sets and supersets. I also do "rest-pause". I don't think anyone mentioned that already. Here's how I do it - after I reach failure on a set, I stop and count to 5. Then I crank out as many more reps as I can.

FlexKitten - now that's a cool handle!

I also alternate between heavy and light weeks. Referring to legs, by heavy I mean a weight at which I can get 10-12 reps and light between 15-20 reps. I periodically mix things up with drop sets and supersets. I also do "rest-pause". I don't think anyone mentioned that already. Here's how I do it - after I reach failure on a set, I stop and count to 5. Then I crank out as many more reps as I can.

Good Bro
    Just to add to FF's info - for me heavy days means 6-8 rep range, light 10-12. So we all tweek it a little differently.

Banned
    I was hoping some of you comic fans would catch the Diana Prinze reference. Is BMom falling down on the job??
    BTW WW#2 no need to change your handle if you don't want to, although Flex Kitty is cool
    WW

All Natural
    Hey Girls, I changed my name ! Ww#2 will now be known as FlexKitten.
    I've been rotating light and heavy to keep the fibers challenged. Rep range for light being 10-12, and heavy being 8-10. I want to thank you all again for your suggestions. I'm going to try the drops sets first and see what this does. Thanks Flex