Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ABC training, Fred Hatfield

SteelWeaver

I did a search for this, but didn't turn anything up, so sorry if it has been covered before.

Has anyone here tried Dr Squat's ABC training method? Where "A" is a low intensity day, "B" is a moderate intensity day, and "C" is a very high intensity day. You do an A, B, C, B, A series, or A, A, B, B, C, C, B, B, A, A, or whatever for each bodypart over your 6 or 8 week period, then mix it all up again.

I was just reading about it in "Hardcore Bodybuilding: A Scientific Approach", and it just seems to me that the number of sets per workout are kind of through the roof! Like 56 sets of low intensity in one workout (covering all parts except chest and back), or 45 sets at moderate intensity (3 exercises x 3 sets per bodypart). Now, he's anti any kind of chemical "help", so I'm just wondering if even people who are "on" could do this number of sets and maintain any kind of intensity. I'm not on, and my current leg and shoulder workout wipes me out at about 30 - 36 sets total, never mind taking about 2 hours without too much rest between sets.

The concept is great, that, for example, chest takes longer than, say, biceps to recover, so one of them will always end up being either overtrained or undertrained on a regular once a week or twice a week system. It just seems really hard to put into practice without training 6 days a week.

How many sets are most people here doing per workout? What about frequency?

I went onto a 3-day body-part split with a 4 day a week training programme, so that every part gets hit every 5 days or so. I wasn't making progress on once a week. This seems to work, but I'm wondering if I can't fine-tune it any better.

Any experience of this, or ideas, anyone? :confused:

:devil:
I'm not familiar with the program but if you stop by the power lifting section I'm sure someone will have some input on him.

Thanks, although maybe I should put it on the training board, 'cause it's really a bodybuilding programme that he came up with, even though he's primarily a powerlifter. I get the feeling that powerlifters wouldn't train like this ...

Top Bottom