Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Abbs everyday?

Golddoor

I have been trying to convince my wife that doing abbs everyday is not going to do any good. Whats everyones opinion on this?

Thanks,

Terminator1

It's overkill, but yeh, some people who are very determined may not listen to reason - and will sometimes need to learn things the hard way.....but....you can try to explain that abdominal definition is largely a function of diet and low bodyfat levels.

Here's the reasoning - abs are a muscle group just like bis, tris, shoulders, etc. Do you train those bodyparts every day? Nope. A muscle group needs at least 2-3 days to recover.

Here's another thing - when you are trying to get the 6-pack, the muscles may be in great shape, but its FAT that is hiding them. Because we all know that you can't "spot reduce", you can't work one body area & expect the fat around that area to reduce. THAT is ALL about dieting.

And finally - if you are training your abs a lot, you end up building up your abs, i.e. you can end up w/ a thick, wide abdominal area, i.e "thick waist". That totally defeats the purpose of "the 6-pack look".

Seems pretty straight up to me. She'd be better off taking the time she spends doing abs every day & throwing in some cardio, preparing some clean meals for the next day or maybe some pilates to work core strength.

Top Bottom