Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ab routines! (post up)

The Shadow said:
SHadow Unified TraIning Theory....or SHUT IT

:worried: LMAO

velvett said:
I think DIVISION'S spirit just channeled through Shadow there for a second.

:lmao:

All he was missing was the

DIV :chomp:

Stryc-9 said:
I once read a thread by "needsize" where he suggested these amazing static holds. You lean back on a decline bench until you're at max. resistance (more or less the midway position if you performed a situp) and you just hold it for five seconds or so. That's one rep...and you shoot for five sets, etc.,

Anyways, those are all I've been doing for the past two months, maybe three times a week. Never been happier with my abs and worked so little on them.

Very very cool....

After the static which direction is the tension carry through? do you finish up in a full contraction or roll back down into the decline?

ChefWide said:
Very very cool....

After the static which direction is the tension carry through? do you finish up in a full contraction or roll back down into the decline?

Iwould imagine up

after the 5 second static hold at midpoint, go back up, I find stopping just short of lockout at the top keeps the tension on the abs, which seems to work nicely. TUT does work great with abs, if only I could train my calves this easily and get results

needsize said:
after the 5 second static hold at midpoint, go back up, I find stopping just short of lockout at the top keeps the tension on the abs, which seems to work nicely. TUT does work great with abs, if only I could train my calves this easily and get results

Is this what Arnold called "vacuums" or something like that? Ab work - sit upright on the edge of a bench, contract abs & exhale all the way out, hold, inhale, repeat - do sides & center.

I do an hour of Pilates twice a week, and outside of that I do one day of crunches, supermans, scissors, leg raises, etc. I also like to swim 2-3x a week, and between butterfly (my fav stroke) and flip turns, that gives me a great ab workout. Nothing weighted any more--my abs respond almost too well to that sort of training, and I don't want them getting any larger.

If I'm in a time period when I'm not doing Pilates classes (usually there are 2 weeks off between sessions here, and no classes during breaks), I like to do abs 3x/week and alternate workouts for my obliques with exercises targeting my rectus abdominus/lower back. I did that before I started taking Pilates classes, and it worked very well for me.

Top Bottom