Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ab belts

I have seen some people wearing these thick belts and its supposedly burning fat when they workout? Is anyone using it ?

Only suckers......

Exactly, I know, but calling everyone who uses a belt moron is as moron as those who wear the belt with the idea of ​​burning fat. (Sorry I don't know of this sentence makes sense, I used Google Translate from French to English)

No I think I'll stick with it even if, as you say, it makes me sound moronic too. We both have enough knowledge and experience to know that wearing a 'ab belt' doesn't burn fat. Nor do those old fashioned sauna suits. Nor does (as some boxers do) wrapping yourself in bin bags or even cling film. All that happens is they sweat. They drink after and they replaced the water they lost.

If they think they look leaner after they're fooling themselves. Which pretty much makes them morons.

The same applies, as per two other posts, to the idea of wearing a weight belt (for it's support) on EVERY SET, REP and EXERCISE. In fact, as we both know, if these kinds of belts are worn all the time and you're not injured your back strength will go down. So it wouldn't be helping - isn't that kinda moronic too? I'm gonna say I probably over wore my first weightlifting belt - and if that makes me a moron so be it. Doesn't mean I, or anyone else, needed to stay that way.

Feel free to swap the word moron for something else in your mind - call them a 'silly person' if you like.

The last belt, one which has been with us since the late 1940's and made a reappearance a year or so ago again is the 'ab trainer'. Joe Weider used to sell a belt which had a bell in the buckle. You put it on as normal but if you relaxed it made the bell ring. So you kinda had a slightly tensed stomach the whole time it was on. Chad Nicholls had Ronnie Coleman wear a weight belt after his Olympia (before he lost) when he was letting his gut hang out too much. So he has him 'train his abs with a belt'. Ab training belts MIGHT have their place. If only as a means of having people control their mid-sections better.

Another point, one well worth making, is that a great deal of some of the strongest Olympic weightlifters put 500lbs overhead. with NO BELT. They don't even wear tight suits. Their knee wraps are nothing compared to those worn by powerlifters. The only issue is that Olympic lifters tend to have shorter lifting careers than most bodybuilders or powerlifters.

Top Bottom