Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5X5 ladies?

Shak

Hi everyone -

Any of you ladies doing 5X5 right now? If so, what kind of results are you seeing? Are you having any problems increasing by 5lbs every week?

I just started about 3 weeks ago and I'm really liking it so far. Just curious to see if any other women have had success with this training method.

thanks! :D

I've been doing a 5x5 for over a month. I really like the workout. I was increasing everything by 5lbs except shoulder and bench work, because I'm recovering from some rotator problems. I was doing great with back and legs, until I hurt my back squatting 2 weeks ago :mad: . I ended up having to reduce my squat by 50lbs. Slowly starting to feel better. Hopefully, I can get back on track soon. Still sticking with the 5x5, just reduced some of my weight.

lucid -

sorry to hear about your back injury - i hope you're better soon!

what's your diet like right now? do you know how many calories you are taking in?

is your goal to put on size?

I've been doing 5x5 for bench for 3 weeks now. im finding it hard now to increase by 5 lbs each week. (ok im only up to 80 lbs now but im weak!). my question is> if i fail on say the 3rd set this week, do i continue with a lighter weight to finish the 5 sets, or do i stop there and move on to the other exercises?

smurfy -

i just ordered some platemates over the internet. they are 1.25lb, so they allow you to increase your weight by smaller increments. i think this will really help me on bench since i know i'm going to struggle with a 5lb increment each week. the ones i got have magnets on the back, so your can stick them to the ends of the barbell or on the weight plates. they can also go on the ends of dumbells - i think they are going to be very useful.

if you are struggling at a certain weight, try doing 5X3 for a couple weeks. continue increasing the weight, but when you go back to 5X5, start at the last weight you could do 5 reps of - it should be much easier.

5x3 ok cool. if i fail on 5x5 this week, ill try 5x3 with the same weight. those 1.25 lb weights sound good. i'll look into it.

I just got my platemates yesterday and used them for my chest & tri workout. They are really awesome!

They are very small, so you can just throw them in your gym bag and the magnets work great. I just stuck mine on the ends of the barbell.

I highly recommend them! Especially for 5X5 when you just can't make that 5lb increase.

Shak said:
I just got my platemates yesterday and used them for my chest & tri workout. They are really awesome!

They are very small, so you can just throw them in your gym bag and the magnets work great. I just stuck mine on the ends of the barbell.

I highly recommend them! Especially for 5X5 when you just can't make that 5lb increase.

I may need to get some of those.

Top Bottom