Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5-Htp......where, why and how well?

NubianBeauty said:
Would that be Imitrex?

Nope, Imitrex is like Zomig - you take it when you have an attack.

Topamax/topiramate is a preventative which you would have to take daily. My doc gave me scripts for it but I haven't decided if I'm going to take it.

Corn - I haven't been able to find it.

velvett said:

Nope, Imitrex is like Zomig - you take it when you have an attack.

Topamax/topiramate is a preventative which you would have to take daily. My doc gave me scripts for it but I haven't decided if I'm going to take it.

Corn - I haven't been able to find it.

My cousin is on the Topamax and she has not had a migraine in over 3 months after she started the medication...it is a daily kinda thing though...BUT - he attacks were REALLY bad....had to lie tdoen in a pitch black room otherwise she would begin to throw up violently.

You know - I actually looked for the Orudis the last time I was in a CVS and they were out.....wonder if it has been pulled??

TOo bad if so...the stuff was great

Cornholio said:
My cousin is on the Topamax and she has not had a migraine in over 3 months after she started the medication...it is a daily kinda thing though...BUT - he attacks were REALLY bad....had to lie tdoen in a pitch black room otherwise she would begin to throw up violently.

Now you tell me. :splat:

VELVETT,

Here are a few things to try Desyrl- an anti depressant that is a common part of Migrane protocal, and belle-gar- an anti-spasmotic that will keep blood vessels from dilating!

What helped my wife the most was a temporal artery-ligation. This was stumbled upon after many post-op face lift patients experiencing a loss of migraine suffering - because the temporal arteries are cauterized and the brain reroutes that blood flow thru different vessels!

Another good trick is Botox injections to the muscles on the temple- it keeps them from cutting off the bloodflow in the temporal arteries!

Top Bottom