Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5 day split for wifey?

jesse_01

Banned
Anyone see a problem with this routine? She just had a baby 5 months ago and wants to get back into shape. She is currently 5'7 135.

3 sets of 5 working reps. 5 min warm up, 5 min cool down. About a 45 min workout.

Day 1 Legs
Squat
Leg Ext
Leg Curl
Calf

Day 2 Chest
Bench
Incline
Decline
Flys
BB Pullover

Day 3 Light Cardio

Day 4 Back
Deadlift
BB Row
Back Ext
Chin Up

Day 5 Shoulder
Shoulder Press
Lateral Raise
Front Raise
High-Pulley Lateral Extension

Day 6 Arms,Abs
BB Curls
Reverse BB Curls
BB Skull Crusher
Dips
Hanging Leg Raise

Day 7 Light Cardio

Congrats on your new arrival! And at 5'7" and 135 she can't have much, if any baby fat, lucky lady. Took me nearly a full year to get my figure back after my son was born.

Okay, my opinion only, there are women here who are MUCH more experienced with training so what I say might be wrong. However, I think it's an awful lot, particularly if she has no prior experience lifting weights. I think she's going to feel so beat to shit after a few weeks that she won't want to stick with it.

I'd cut about half of the exercises completely and have her doing more reps (say, 3 sets of ten). It looks to me like the routine for someone who would be considered advanced in weight training. Also, considering that there's a new baby in the house, I'd think about partnering up some stuff so there's only three days of weight training. Remember, she's also dealing with pregnancy hormones or breastfeeding hormones. Those things have a tendency to sabotage some stuff physically and you really need sufficient rest when you're dealing with a newborn.

And, again, speaking for myself only, my opinion has always been if you're deadlifting and squatting right, you shouldn't be able to do ANYTHING else that day.

Anyone see a problem with this routine? She just had a baby 5 months ago and wants to get back into shape. She is currently 5'7 135.

3 sets of 5 working reps. 5 min warm up, 5 min cool down. About a 45 min workout.

Day 1 Legs
Squat
Leg Ext
Leg Curl
Calf

Day 2 Chest
Bench
Incline
Decline
Flys
BB Pullover

Day 3 Light Cardio

Day 4 Back
Deadlift
BB Row
Back Ext
Chin Up

Day 5 Shoulder
Shoulder Press
Lateral Raise
Front Raise
High-Pulley Lateral Extension

Day 6 Arms,Abs
BB Curls
Reverse BB Curls
BB Skull Crusher
Dips
Hanging Leg Raise

Day 7 Light Cardio

That's for sure an upper intermediate routine. For someone who just "wants to get back into shape" that is serious overkill. Was she an advanced athlete before her pregnancy? Unless her goal is to get back to that level of condition, simplify this routine bigtime.

One warm up set, and one workset to MMF. Optional add one rest/pause rep to end of workset after a month depending on progress level

Day 1 (small,less demanding muscle groups worked with big ones)
BB Curls
Trunk curls - hanging leg raise will work the bis again, avoid it
Squat
SLDL

Day 2 (exercises involving tris all worked on same day to maximize recovery period)
Bench
Lateral Raise (prefatique, no rest b4 OHP)
Shoulder Press

Day 4
Pullups
Chins (optional. Allows further work of lats, but also works bis hard)

Cardio three days weekly. Complete rest one day.

That's for sure an upper intermediate routine. For someone who just "wants to get back into shape" that is serious overkill. Was she an advanced athlete before her pregnancy? Unless her goal is to get back to that level of condition, simplify this routine bigtime.

One warm up set, and one workset to MMF. Optional add one rest/pause rep to end of workset after a month depending on progress level

Day 1 (small,less demanding muscle groups worked with big ones)
BB Curls
Trunk curls - hanging leg raise will work the bis again, avoid it
Squat
SLDL

Day 2 (exercises involving tris all worked on same day to maximize recovery period)
Bench
Lateral Raise (prefatique, no rest b4 OHP)
Shoulder Press

Day 4
Pullups
Chins (optional. Allows further work of lats, but also works bis hard)

Cardio three days weekly. Complete rest one day.

Yeah that sounds lighter. I will pass that onto her. The main routine I posted was/is a routine that I do. I find it to be very quick workout but, than again I have been lifting for awhile.

Top Bottom