Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

47, a little overweight, and almost frozen metabolism

1_more_rep

hello ladies...my mom's been seeing that i have more energy and i am stronger and a little bit thinner and i told her i've been getting all kinds of helpful tips from an online forum...so she asked me to ask what she could do to lose some weight...she currently walks fast on the treadmill for about half an hour a day...and she eats healthy - usually at lunch salad and in the morning some low fat yogurt and maybe a cheese sandwich and for dinner well that changes alot but usually consists of rice + chicken/meat but she usually eats just rice and veggies and only a little bit of meat...

so do you ladies have any tips that i could relay to her? because she has tried some dieting and exercise and she stayed the same - she even gained a few pounds last week because she went on a cruise to alaska (all you can eat everyday lol...a killer) so she moved up from about 146-->150 lbs...she likes almost every vegetable and i've been giving her some of my nasty tasting but very healthy oatmeal recently but do you ladies have anything else i could tell her to do or try? we don't have much at the house in terms of exercise - just a treadmill and just 20 lb dumbells (i think they'd be too heavy for her though) because i'm the only 1 with a gym membership...so is it CRUCIAL for her to get a membership? because she's busy alot and i don't think she'd have much time to go because she used to have 1 and never got to go...

her basic body composition is about 5'6, 150 lbs

thanks for all your help in advance ladies :)

Sounds sort of like my mom, at least w/ the diet -- she & my dad are in their mid 60s, walk about 5 miles / day (any weather, all yr round) and take a Step class 3-4 times / week & mom does some yoga. HOWEVER, they don't eat much, and not much meat (protein). Then she can't figure out how she can be 40% bodyfat. Its not that she's fat -- but she's got no muscle.

I'd say for starters get her to eat more protein. As a guide and an intro to nutrition, I really like Bill Phillips' Body for Life book. She doesn't have to do the training if she prefers not to, but the book gives a complete program & excellent introduction to understanding how nutrition, exercise & cardio all go together. I think its that basic understanding of how it all fits together that messes people up.

If she likes to cook, I also like the South Beach Diet book -- excellent recipes!

Top Bottom