Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2bfitchristys first log

2bfitchristy said:
thanks for welcoming me.that icecream was the only thing bad i have had in almost 4 weeks.yum yum!I have been a good girl. :verygood:
:) Atta girl :) No problem .. we are glad to have ya hun! Good luck with the log :D

8/12/06

am cardio jazzercise/abs

meal 1 1 whole egg and 1 white with mixed peppers
2 kashi whole grain blueberry waffles and sf syrup
2 turkey suasage patties
meal 2 lc wheat tortilla topped with chicken tomatos ff cheese and garlic
lc tortilla w/cinimmon and splenda
meal 3 lc yogurt w/2tablespoons of dry oats
meal 4 2 chicken drumsticks and greenbeans with half a sweet potato
small salad with vinagrette
meal 5 turkey meatloaf
greenbeans
meal 6 protien shake and 1 pc of lc wg bread and 1 tbls npb

cals 1669 p38/c32/f30 grams 147/167/52

i woke up sore today.I went up on my weights yesterday.I was wondering about my calorie intake.I have noticed in some post that you should have your body weight x 10-12.now is that to maintain your weight?do i need to have less to lose weight.my weight is 166.How often should i weigh in?And also today i noticed my carb grams are higher than my protien grams.Is that ok?I have insulin resistance so i try to watch the carb intake.In the begining i had hardly no carbs becuase i thought they were evil.But i have been adding more good carbs and i fell better.I just try to watch my portions.

2bfitchristy said:
i woke up sore today.I went up on my weights yesterday.I was wondering about my calorie intake.I have noticed in some post that you should have your body weight x 10-12.now is that to maintain your weight?do i need to have less to lose weight.my weight is 166.How often should i weigh in?And also today i noticed my carb grams are higher than my protien grams.Is that ok?I have insulin resistance so i try to watch the carb intake.In the begining i had hardly no carbs becuase i thought they were evil.But i have been adding more good carbs and i fell better.I just try to watch my portions.
In general terms , 10-12 x BW is for cutting ... you probably need to eat more than that for maintenance. You need to figure out what your own personal maintenance caloric intake is. Last time I was maintaining (and ending up inadvertently adding muscle) I was 16-18 X my bodyweight. That would be ‘bulking’ for some people. I would weigh yourself 1-3 times a week, same time, same days, am, on empty after you empty your bladder :)

Some carbs are evil, you got it by watching your portion sizes and making 'healthy' carb choices.

As far as carb grams being higher than protein, yes it does happen.

For instance you posted this:
"cals 1620 56/21/23"

Does that mean 56% Protein / 21% Carbs / 23% Fat?

Two things you want to avoid when you are dieting (and this is where people, esp women screw themselves w/ the idea of "i have to starve myself to lose weight") -- if your protein is not high enough, you have nothing to build muscle with - women often think in terms of "I have to drop fat" but don't think also in terms of maintaining or building the muscle mass they have, even saying "I dont' care about losing muscle" - when its a combination of bodyfat & muscle that makes you look how you look. The second is if you don't eat enough in general, then your metabolism will slow down to accommodate the lack of sufficient nutrients, stallign out your progress and possibly catabolizing muscle.

Don't worry about the grams of each macronutrient - the important thing is the total cals & the ratios of each.

2bfitchristy said:
6/10/06

so far for today

protien shake this morning
break-none busy doing erands
lunch-salmon salad on 2 pcs of lc bread w/flaxseed and grapes and diet dr.pepper
snack-1tbls.npb and 2whole wheat crackers w/1 mozzerella cheese stick

so far for today i have had 30 0z of water.I know i need to start guzzlin
no work out for today it is my day off.but i am ready to do a kick ass workout tomorrow.
iam wondering about this chease stick.tell me more.was it the breaded deep fride kind of chease stick. ;)

08/13/06

meal 1 protien shake

am work out

bench press 3-10 45
behind neck press 3-10 40
dumbell flys 2-12 9 each db
bent over rows 3-12 20
leg extentions3-15 60
leg curls 3-15 60
dead lifts 2-20 45
squats 2-20 45

abs