Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

* Red² - T's Journey 2007 *

Re: NEW Treilin Log

Thank God for a new work-out next week. This week has been so hard getting into the gym and working out. The food has not been any better. I'm just kinda burnt out. At least I get sunday, and monday off. I start my strength work-outs next week on tuesday. Food has been horrible this week and last week. I never crave sweets like this and it has been ridiculous. I've just been not feeling it. I even have pictures around my desk and here at home and I just look at them and say, "Yeah o.k. whatever." My mind needs to come around...

treilin said:
I did the shadow plan in Jan-April timeframe when it came out alongside Bunny. I started then at 134 pounds, at 26% body fat wore a size 6, and by the end I weighed 140 at 16% bf and wore a size 2. I wear about a 3/4-5/6 now and that's only because I have put on so much muscle I ripped all the sides of my dress pants, and have busted out of my dress shirts. So even if I was at 26% body fat in Jan and now, I have added on 16 pounds of muscle this year. I'll start posting pictures up when I start to lean down in feb/march timeframe. So you all can see the progress!

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!! :garza:
I bet you look fantastic - you're like the quiet storm.
I hope your proud of yourself.
:D

And for some of you out there...

HA! I told you so <---- those of you know who you are.

treilin said:
Sorry... Yeah I have an old log from earlier this year with all that in it... I'm sure that's way lost by now.
So background info:
5'7" I started with my trainer August 1st 05 at 143 pounds, right now I'm at 150 pounds. I was "supposedly" 28% bodyfat... but from previous experience with my own digital calipers I find this rather high. He also acknowledged he has a hard time getting my Body fat because I have thick skin. I just go with it though. My body fat by his take is now 24%. So I've gained 7 pounds, and lost 4% BF in 3.5 months. He wants to have me around 20% Jan '06 so when I start leaning down for competition it won't be as hard.

The other thing I'm still having issues with is my body holding onto water. Since water affects Bodyfat accuracy that could explain why my BF is rating so high. I'm having some more blood work done to try and see what the deal is. I can go up and down 5 pounds in a day. The 148-150 is pretty much the average. More information is I lost that time of the month from Jan-July and it's just now regulating out since I've been seeing a doctor.

I did the shadow plan in Jan-April timeframe when it came out alongside Bunny. I started then at 134 pounds, at 26% body fat wore a size 6, and by the end I weighed 140 at 16% bf and wore a size 2. I wear about a 3/4-5/6 now and that's only because I have put on so much muscle I ripped all the sides of my dress pants, and have busted out of my dress shirts. So even if I was at 26% body fat in Jan and now, I have added on 16 pounds of muscle this year. I'll start posting pictures up when I start to lean down in feb/march timeframe. So you all can see the progress!
I cannot wait to see these pics girl!

:)

And I LOVE to see a lady happy from busting out of her clothes :)

Thanks for the comps!
There will be no pictures any time soon I have reached moose stage! I informed my trainer of this yesterday.... I hit a weight I haven't been in 5 years (153), I told him 159 = Beached Whale, and 162 = Instantaneous death. He is perplexed right now with my body fat caliper measurements. So he is scratching my whole work-out plan, and diet and is rewriting me a new one. He told me to take a week off from the gym because he thinks I need it while he rewrites it. He said he's going to lower my carbs a tad (45%), add in some more cardio to include interval training, focus on putting weight soley on my legs and glutes, maintaining the muscle gains on the upper body, and he even doesn't mind so much if I atrophy a little bit on my upper body. We had a hour long conversation yesterday. He didn't expect my upper body to gain as much muscle as it did in this short of time. He said he expected that in a year and a half, not 5 months. So if only my legs would put muscle on, Errrrr!!!! We have learned my fat gain is definitely around the mid-section, and that my body is really similar to a guys. Great.... Our goal is not focused on fat loss right now, but soely adding muscle on my legs and doing less upper body work all together. So I get a week off from the gym, mentally I need it. We also are looking at the fact that my hormones are still unregulated. I'm still having that time of month 2 weeks out of a month (and you thought 1 week was bad!). I went back to the doctor they are changing my birth control pill again to Ortho Tricyclin (spelling)... They say Yasmin has a bit of a water pill in it that can make you hold onto water (not a diuretic). What person in their right mind (probably a man) would think of putting that in a birth control pill????? I mean don't they think women bloat enough that we don't need any extra help!! So if this pill doesn't work in the next few months I'm ditching the pill or going to try that seasonale one.
I will have this figured all out and will compete! Ohhh and no more work-out partner... With the whole new program we can't work-out together any more.... Bad thing when you have two competitors training together. My own work-out is more important then working out with someone else... Learning the pro's and con's of training!
Anyway hope everyone else is doing well with their training!!

November 21-27 2005
Alright! So I have my whole new program now.
I really think I needed a week off. I don't remember the last time I had a week off.

Rest Time = 60-75s
Rep Range = 8-12
4 second negatives, with a 1 second hold at the top of the rep

WEIGHTS/PLYO's
Day 1(Mon)- Hamstrings & Calfs
Exercise Sets
Lying Leg Curl 4
Seated Leg Curl 4
Stiff-Leg Deadlifts 4
Unilateral Lying Leg Curl 3
Standing Smith Calf Raise 3
Seated Calf Raise 3

Day 2 (Tues)-Upper Body
Exercise Sets
Magnum Lat Pulldown 3
Hammer Unilateral Low Row 3
Hammer Incline Press 4
DB Bilateral Side Raise 3
Reverse Pec Dec Flye 3
Rope Pushdown 2
Cable Bicep Curl 2
R/C Progression cir

Day 3(Wed)- Plyometrics & Core
Exercise Sets
Unilateral Plyo Step-Ups 4
Unilateral Split Squat Jumps 4
Squat Jumps 4
Partial Rep Split Squat Jump 3
Power Crunch 3
Cable Twisting Crunch 3
Machine Crunch 2x10
Hyperextensions 3x10-20
Pelvic Tilts 3x10-20

Day 4-off

Day 5(Fri)- Quads & Calfs
Exercise Sets
Leg Press 4
Partial Rep Smith Squats 4
Bilateral Leg Extensions 4
Unilateral Leg Extensions 3
Seated Calf Raise 3
Angled Calf Raise 3

Day 6-off

Day 7-off

CARDIO

Day 1(Mon)- Interval Training
Activity Duration Reps Grade Notes
Warm-Up 5min 1 0
Interval Training N/A N/A N/A
Sprint 1min 3 0 Work
Walk 1min 3 0 Recovery
Sprint 2min 3 0 Work
Walk 1.5min 3 0 Recovery
Cool-Down 5min 1 0

Day 2(Tues)- Low Slow Distance
Warm-Up 5min 1 0 3.0mph
Treadmill Walking 25min 1 3.0% 4.0-4.5mph
Ellipical Trainer 15min 1 N/A

Day 3(Wed)- Interval Training
Warm-Up 5min 1 0
Sprint 1min 3 0 Work
Walk 1min 3 0 Recovery
Sprint 2min 3 0 Work
Walk 1.5min 3 0 Recovery
Cool-Down 5min 1 0

Day 4(Thurs)- Low Slow Distance
Warm-Up 5min 1 0 3.0mph
Treadmill Walking 25min 1 3.0% 4.0-4.5mph
Ellipical Trainer 15min 1 N/A

Day 5(Fri)- Interval Training
Warm-Up 5min 1 0
Sprint 1min 3 0 Work
Walk 1min 3 0 Recovery
Sprint 2min 3 0 Work
Walk 1.5min 3 0 Recovery
Cool-Down 5min 1 0

Day 6(Sat)- Low Slow Distance
Warm-Up 5min 1 0 3.0mph
Ellipical Trainer 30min 1 N/A

Day 7-off

FOOD=
I found out my RMR is 1950. So he bumped my calories up to accomodate that. When I started my RMR was 1400.
On my Interval training /weight training day =
Kcal Pro CHO Fat
2008 183 230.2 40.5
36.0% 46.0% 18.0%

On my Long slow cardio days/weights training days =
Kcal Pro CHO Fat
2013 195.5 212.2 42.5
39.0% 42.0% 19.0%

On my non training day =
Kcal Pro CHO Fat
Total 1998 163.3 207.8 53.5
33.0% 42.0% 25.0%

I was just coming to check on you Treil! :rose:

Can you clarify what you mean by sprint for 1 minute, 2 minutes etc.? Are you referring to windsprints (or track or treadmill)? or the same windsprint principle on your cardio equipment of choice?

What intensity are you shooting for, 60, 70, 80, 100% of your max?

:)

Funny I was just writing in your log :)
Sprints are on the treadmill right now. Right now he hasn't set up the intensity to shoot for, but I should ask him that, good call! He's just getting my body back into some extra cardio. So a sprint could be a half of what I used to be able to do 9.5 pace, at 8 incline. I'm doing no incline right now... I did a 7.5 sprint which isn't anything because I used to run long distance at that... But I was breathing like crazy. Funny what dropping something (weights or cardio) will do to a body.
On my Longer slow days the intensity is 60%.

treilin said:
Funny I was just writing in your log :)
Sprints are on the treadmill right now. Right now he hasn't set up the intensity to shoot for, but I should ask him that, good call! He's just getting my body back into some extra cardio. So a sprint could be a half of what I used to be able to do 9.5 pace, at 8 incline. I'm doing no incline right now... I did a 7.5 sprint which isn't anything because I used to run long distance at that... But I was breathing like crazy. Funny what dropping something (weights or cardio) will do to a body.
On my Longer slow days the intensity is 60%.
Ain't that the truth. :)
I think it's important to pay special attention to the recovery period as well as the sprint. Out on a track on a nice morning I did a few different sprint programs I created to test my levels of what I could do, and I was FEELING IT a few days later for quite some time.

I just wanted others to know you did not mean 100% all out sprint for 60 seconds (or even 120 seconds) because I honestly do not think that is possible (or healthy) at 100% intensity. Esp. if you feel like walking the next day (or waking up from your coma). Definitely do-able at 60-80%, 80 even being a bit much for some :)

:D

Let me know how this new routine goes, I see you'll be very busy :) I'm going to be doing a 6 day too :) ^^ Not like that though.

I can remember doing intervals on the tread at the beginning of Shadow's plan... like an elephant coming thru the floor adjusting inclines and speeds etc. lol

:rolleyes:

Top Bottom