Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

zotman curls for biceps

rossemberg98

Hey bros, this the movement some bros recommend me as the number one exercise for biceps, my question is how many days a week can you do it and how many sets and reps should be enough if I'm off cycle and haven't juiced in like 6 months. Okay bros thanks.

the best one for building huge biceps is weighted pullups and rows. isolation lifts are pushed by the younger 20's crowd who like to jack off to themselves in front of the mirror. you usually see a group of them and they spend the whole workout doing curls and still have 12" biceps

A BIG mistkae I often see new lifters make is to train their favourite body parts like arms/chest every day.

As a general rule - you want to wait AT LEAST 48 hours between workouts to train a body part again.

Remember that when you are in the gym training, you are actually breaking the muscle down. It's when you rest that the muscle recovers and grows. Training arms everyday would be counter productive because you are breaking down the muscle constantly and not allowing the muscle to regrow and repair.

For guys with lagging arms, I recommend training triceps after chest, biceps after back and then adding in an additional arm day. Something like this
1. back/bi
2. shoulders/abs
3. rest
4. arms
5. legs
6. chest/triceps
7. rest

Steve had a great post above. Compare the number of guys doing pullups and rows vs the guys doing curls. Way too many guys doing curls and see no progress. Isolation movements do have their place but if you are trying to grow you need to lift with the heavy compound movements and be eating a good diet.

Personally I prefer higher rep count and more controlled movements for biceps.

If you start throwing the weights around, biceps will get little to no work

Top Bottom