Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Zercher Squats

Yeah but it looks like noody else knows what these are!

They are squats where you hold the barbel in the crooks of your arms (inside the bent elbow).

I find that they agrivate my arms too much to hit my core. 250lbs is enoughto blast my elbows, whereas the rest of me - legs and midsection - is just peachy. Got any sugestions as to how you stop this?

You can wrap a towel or one of those foam pads around the bar . If you want to take even more pressure off your joints, some people lay a 2x4 between their elbow and the bar.

I've heard the name a lot but never known what they are - so it's a front squat but with the bar held with the crooks of your elbows instead of up by your neck?

not quite a front squat. (yes the bar is in front) its a wide stance squat where your elbows dip a bit between your legs.

i do these up to 2-3RM and i'm smoked the next day. my whole body is tired.

Zercher deadlifts are an experience too. very light weight but your whole posterior chain is tired!

I can't get my mind around a Zercher Deadlift
but I like Zercher Squats
I'd like to get into them pretty seriously in the future
the bar does do some digging in the elbows and orearms tho

I never go over 135 with zerchers. High reps is key. The whole point for me is keeping the bar way out in front of your body using your core to stabalize. Try to keep my elbows pointing straight out.

hangclean said:
I never go over 135 with zerchers. High reps is key. The whole point for me is keeping the bar way out in front of your body using your core to stabalize. Try to keep my elbows pointing straight out.
????? :worried:

Top Bottom