x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Zercher squats

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Zercher squats within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: just tried these this morning for the first time. just wondering if anyone has any tips since this is obviously a unique type of movement. the main obstacle is being able to hold the bar in that position and still have enough weight on it for a good leg w/o.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zercher squats

Roofies - putting the sensual back into consensual

Zercher squats

just tried these this morning for the first time. just wondering if anyone has any tips since this is obviously a unique type of movement. the main obstacle is being able to hold the bar in that position and still have enough weight on it for a good leg w/o.

Chemical Wizard

Re: Zercher squats

i believe scotsman loves these..im sure he can help you!!

Well he needs to get his skirt-wearing ass up in here and give me some damn advice!!!

Amateur Bodybuilder

Thumbs up Re: Zercher squats

Zercher's are the best, that's the kind of squat that I can hold the most weight

Quote Quote posted by Lililston
    Zercher's are the best, that's the kind of squat that I can hold the most weight
    well then, any advice? do you use chalk?

Good Broly

I normally wrap a towel around the bar.. some people just use chalk.. but if your bar has deep knurling.. its gonna hurt.

Also.. i find that if i keep the bar as close as possible to my core, im able to handle more weight and it feels less awkward.... i love zerchers.. my new favorite exercise...not to mention.. it seems as though everyone in the gym watches u do them

Quote Quote posted by KillahBee
    Well he needs to get his skirt-wearing ass up in here and give me some damn advice!!!
    What bitch?

The only limiting factor on these is how much pain you are willing to endure. The first time I tried these I went up to 365 and had huge bruises on my forearms for a couple of weeks. Just try to hook the bar as best you can in your elbow then I like to put my hands together both facing up and hood the thumbs together then grab around the palms to lock in my grip. Balance is also important so I usually to a "test" pick up where I don't lift the bar all the way off the rack so I can see how the bar feels on each arm. Some guys I know where a sweatshirt so the sleeves act as pads. Personally I like the pain.

Cheers,
    Scotsman

Quote Quote posted by Scotsman
    What bitch?

The only limiting factor on these is how much pain you are willing to endure. The first time I tried these I went up to 365 and had huge bruises on my forearms for a couple of weeks. Just try to hook the bar as best you can in your elbow then I like to put my hands together both facing up and hood the thumbs together then grab around the palms to lock in my grip. Balance is also important so I usually to a "test" pick up where I don't lift the bar all the way off the rack so I can see how the bar feels on each arm. Some guys I know where a sweatshirt so the sleeves act as pads. Personally I like the pain.

Cheers,
    Scotsman
    Now that's what I wanted to hear. You hit the nail on the head with the balance thing and the pain of holding the bar. But, I think I will get used to the balance thing and the pain is something that motivates me. The more painful it is, the more I want to see how long I can handle it.

WD30

What good is this excersise?
    What powerlifters incorperate this into their routine?
    This is the most akward looking and uncomfertable excersise I have ever seen
    Why would you place a weight ie load forward of your hips?

Good Broly

Zerchers cause you to lean back more, promoting better squat technique. If you're too far forward on zerchers, you'll lose the weight.