Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Zercher squats

KillahBee

just tried these this morning for the first time. just wondering if anyone has any tips since this is obviously a unique type of movement. the main obstacle is being able to hold the bar in that position and still have enough weight on it for a good leg w/o.

I normally wrap a towel around the bar.. some people just use chalk.. but if your bar has deep knurling.. its gonna hurt.

Also.. i find that if i keep the bar as close as possible to my core, im able to handle more weight and it feels less awkward.... i love zerchers.. my new favorite exercise...not to mention.. it seems as though everyone in the gym watches u do them

KillahBee said:
Well he needs to get his skirt-wearing ass up in here and give me some damn advice!!!

What bitch? :mad:

The only limiting factor on these is how much pain you are willing to endure. The first time I tried these I went up to 365 and had huge bruises on my forearms for a couple of weeks. Just try to hook the bar as best you can in your elbow then I like to put my hands together both facing up and hood the thumbs together then grab around the palms to lock in my grip. Balance is also important so I usually to a "test" pick up where I don't lift the bar all the way off the rack so I can see how the bar feels on each arm. Some guys I know where a sweatshirt so the sleeves act as pads. Personally I like the pain.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
What bitch? :mad:

The only limiting factor on these is how much pain you are willing to endure. The first time I tried these I went up to 365 and had huge bruises on my forearms for a couple of weeks. Just try to hook the bar as best you can in your elbow then I like to put my hands together both facing up and hood the thumbs together then grab around the palms to lock in my grip. Balance is also important so I usually to a "test" pick up where I don't lift the bar all the way off the rack so I can see how the bar feels on each arm. Some guys I know where a sweatshirt so the sleeves act as pads. Personally I like the pain.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Now that's what I wanted to hear. You hit the nail on the head with the balance thing and the pain of holding the bar. But, I think I will get used to the balance thing and the pain is something that motivates me. The more painful it is, the more I want to see how long I can handle it. :evil:

What good is this excersise?
What powerlifters incorperate this into their routine?
This is the most akward looking and uncomfertable excersise I have ever seen
Why would you place a weight ie load forward of your hips?

Top Bottom