Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Zercher squats

It's like a front squat but you hold the weight in the crook of your elbow like a cradle. I hook my arms under the bar then grip my hands together to stabilize the weight.

Cheers,
Scotsman

fuck...

it looks to me like your arms would be the weak link in that movement. I think i could squat about 180 like that. My arms would definetly be sore while doing the movement.

but maybe not ill have to try it out

I was very suprised with how much weight I could do the first time. Then realized I wouldn't walk normal for a while. Kind of fun though.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Re: fuck...

SlavikHavik said:
it looks to me like your arms would be the weak link in that movement. I think i could squat about 180 like that. My arms would definetly be sore while doing the movement.

but maybe not ill have to try it out

You might surprised and find your mid-section as your weakness.

Zerchers are deceivingly hard on your abs.

My arms rarely get sore from zerchers.

yep. joker's right. the abs are what got me as well.

doing a zercher hold with more weight than you can squat is murder on the core. it feels like your abs are cramping up they are so tight.

do these instead of back squats?? Maybe toss in some hacks and leg presses? What does a solid routine look like incorporating Zerchers?

do these more to help you bring up your deadlift. IMO. i use them as my deadlift assistance exercise, that and GM's.

Top Bottom