Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Zercher Squats???

EricDraven

hey any of you bros know a site that shows you how to do them?

i think im doing them right, but i just wanna make sure. everytime i do it at my gym, people look at me like wierd for doing them, i dont think they ever saw that kind of movement before. not even the trainers there know how to do it.

and what is a good rep range when doing it, i go about 4 sets of 4-8reps, and im only doing 185lb on it. is it recommended that i use a belt? i usually do them after i do regular squats.
thanks.

ed

first time I have ever seen anyone beside myself perform this exervise. comparing my form to yours, Spatts, Looks like I am doing ok, except that my back is a little rounded at the bottom, I guess, from my stance not being as wide as yours

Originally posted by SPATTS
ATF Zercher Front Squat

thanks spatts, okay, seems like im doing it right from your clip. except i go little wider than shoulder width. maybe ill try your wider stance this week.

so what's a good rep range in doing these? high or low, what do you guys recommend?

ed

Originally posted by SPATTS
Well, I suppose that depends on why you're doing them.

well, im trying to develop my front quads more, i was doing front squats but the bar feels really uncomfortable on the shoulders, so i decided to give zerchers a try. i mean i can feel it working, especially the day after. i guess, im trying to gain more size for my legs.

ed

These hit my quads and abs really hard, and give me a nice stretch through the hip.

They have helped my deadlift tremendously.

Also, I do them wide because that's how I squat and deadlift. Use the stance that gives YOU the results YOU need. :)

Zerchs hit my hams and glutes BIG TIME... my abs too... I can actually feel my shit streching back there... I have an ultra wide stance on them to make this effect even greater.

As for hitting the quad, a standard front squat with a closer stance does that just beautifully for me.

C-ditty

Top Bottom