Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Zercher squat pain

Crossword

I just started incorporating Zercher squats to my leg routine, but I'm not sure I'm doing it right since I get pain in 2 areas. I do like this exercise and want to continue to do it, but I need advice as to what I might be doing wrong.

My back hurts when I do this lift. I think my back begins to round out when I get tired. I do 2x10 at a weight that I think I can handle, but I just start getting tired since my endurance stinks. Should I reduce the weight or reps so that I don't round out my back? I also go down all the way. Should I limit my depth?

My arms hurt since the bar is cradled in my arms. I used a squat pad to cushion my arms from the bar, but it still hurts. Is this something that I will just have to get used to?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Here's a different answer: don't do them. They're not enough different from any other type of squat to really merit doing them. If you're deadlifting and you're squatting, you've got it covered.

-casualbb

Zerchers are worth doing...I wouldn't do them otherwise.

I use a 2" thick bar...takes away a lot of arm pain...

Your back WILL round when doing them...especially if you are not in a SUMO stance. I use them to increase my events where I have a rounded back...

B True

Top Bottom