Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Your take on using performance enhancing drugs?

needsize

Elite Mentor
Platinum
Just curious about what people think about the use of steroids in general?
My opinion has always been that if you have put in the time naturally and feel that you can't get any further than what you have achieved, then there is nothing wrong with safe use of steroids. And by putting in time I don't mean a teenager who has pissed around in the gym for a year or two, I mean someone who has capped out there natural limit after years of hard work and proper training.

Thoughts?????

Agreed. However, there's no denying that steroids help you gain muscle that you simply did not work for. I have nothing against safe steroid use, but I wish some people would acknowledge that fact.

I agree to a point, but I do feel that you definitely work for the muscle gains, or at least I do. After over 10 years of hard natural training my physique was pretty advanced so even with roids the gains aren't that easy, this is the most intense and draining my workouts have ever been.
But I do think that what you said is true with guys just looking for the easy way out!!

I'm forced to disagree. And please don't take this the wrong way because I've always respected your work ethic. So this is really not about that.

I've seen your pics and you are unusually large for your height. A part of that size has come from nowhere else but the contents of a syringe. I don't care how much you work, what you eat, whatever. You would not be able to reach the size you are now without AS, period. Could you get close? Yup. Would you shrink a great deal without them? Probably not knowing how dedicated you are. But the fact is that steriods add to your muscle size without having to work for it.

I know that steroid users don't like to admit this. They are understandably sensitive to the subject. They assume that people who say what I've just said think they are cheating and they get their physiques from a bottle. I don't mean to say that at all. But I know one thing. That extra half inch or inch on the bis, those extra couple inches around the chest or quads, are the result of steriods and nothing else.

No problem, I'm not offended.
But what you saw in those pics basically was natural, I admit it was at the end of my first cycle, but I was only at 205lbs when they were taken. I have been close to 220lbs naturally in the past but not quite as lean, but my measurements (arms, quads, chest) were exactly what they were a few years back I had dropped a lot of size this past year due to buying a house, getting married, honeymoon, etc so was down to 180lbs but really lean. So in effect that first cycle just got me back to where I was.
I admit now though, at the end of my second cycle, I'm at a level that I've never been able to achieve before, but my motivation is that I want to try my hand at competing.

I'm surprised you kept your sanity with all that going on. I'm buying a house right now. My first. It's a damn headache-a-thon. I can't imagine dealing with a marriage right now. You're a stronger man than I my friend. But wait, that's probably from the juice too. :D

gymtime said:
there's no denying that steroids help you gain muscle that you simply did not work for.

So I work 40 hours a week and make $400. You work 40 hours a week and make $600. Are you working less to make $400? Yes. But you're not just doing enough work to make $400, you're doing 40 hours. You just end up with more money in your pocket...

See what I'm driving at?

Opinion of Gear

I am neutral on the subject, but i know for fact that a lot of the muscle that people gain are due to steroids, these gains usually help them get past a plateau the couldn't get past naturally. On the other hand many peolple say that juicing is the easy way out, and to that I disagree, many weightlifters who use still put their time in the gym and most often a lot more than the average fellow, so they still workout and put in the time.

Now there are always exception to the rules, but my own opinion about frugs, any kind I might add, if you can't handle it don't do it. Other than that do what you want....

There really is a huge difference between using them to blast past your natural plateau, and just jumping on them because you don't have the patience to try it the natural way first.

Belial said:

So I work 40 hours a week and make $400. You work 40 hours a week and make $600. Are you working less to make $400? Yes. But you're not just doing enough work to make $400, you're doing 40 hours. You just end up with more money in your pocket...

See what I'm driving at?

It must be late or something, but you've completely lost me.

Top Bottom