Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Your strength routine ?

SouthernBigger

[FONT=&quot]Hey guys,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So although I have never had problems getting shredded for summer, I have always had issues in the past with losing a good amount of Lbm. I will omit I am guilty of cutting calories too far right out the gate and adding in tons of cardio. This summer I want to do it right! I am ending my bulk on a P/P/L routine that treated me well, but my question is if I should stick with the program or switch to a strength based program? I guess I would just like to here what some other people's training consist of on a cut. Currently, I switched to a 3 day full body focusing on just the basic compounds and it seems like a nice change compared to trying to keep up with the higher volume P/P/L routine on a calorie deficit. I will add in that I am currently a natural as well which is why I was leaning towards following a strength routine, but please chime in if this isn't a good idea. Any help would be much appreciated![/FONT]

building strength isn't going to happen over 1 summer. it takes a lot of consistency and building up body/muscle memory

i think the #1 problem is guys want to do 1-2 rep sets and that ends up setting them back because of injury. build conssitency at a lower weight at 4-5 reps and include deload days. think long term, the strongest guys at your gym are all in their 40's and 50's, not in their teens and 20's for a reason

Hey guys,
So although I have never had problems getting shredded for summer, I have always had issues in the past with losing a good amount of Lbm. I will omit I am guilty of cutting calories too far right out the gate and adding in tons of cardio. This summer I want to do it right! I am ending my bulk on a P/P/L routine that treated me well, but my question is if I should stick with the program or switch to a strength based program? I guess I would just like to here what some other people's training consist of on a cut. Currently, I switched to a 3 day full body focusing on just the basic compounds and it seems like a nice change compared to trying to keep up with the higher volume P/P/L routine on a calorie deficit. I will add in that I am currently a natural as well which is why I was leaning towards following a strength routine, but please chime in if this isn't a good idea. Any help would be much appreciated!

Anyway I keep a log on Evo and I train for strength. But that's not actually what you want. Plus I never cut.

I personally just train for strength, and don't do cutting cycles per se

Top Bottom