Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Your opinions on Calisthenics

Baidashov

My question is about Calisthenics – is it a gooddiscipline for muscle growth? I am pretty sure I will get strongerwith this sport, but will it only give strength, or I can also getmuscle mass with it?

You will get some lean mass, but it will come slowly, and you will only have as much muscle mass as your body will need in order to move your body around. So you will not get any impressive muscle mass with Calisthenics.

You will end up in good condition but it ultimately depends on your goals. If you are looking to add mass then you really want to be in the gym hitting heavy weights.

The problem with calisthenics is that you are not lifting weights against gravity. That is what really stimulates the hypertrophy response. It's the same reason why astronauts loose so much muscle when they are in space - there is no gravity.

Calisthenics will help you lean and tone but they will not help you gain muscle size and strength.

Top Bottom