Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Your home gym

Superbabe

Ok, boys and girls,

I am going to create my own home gym as soon as I get my own place.

What would you guys suggest/recommend?

totally depend on space and budget. post some parameters on these and youll get more realistic and fitting recomendations:)

If you truly are a "superbabe", then you will work out at your local gym so that you can give us guys a chance to stare at you. What if every "superbabe" worked out at home? Then there wouldn't be any hotties at the gym to impress... :(

A power rack from sportstrength.com about 600 dollars

A 300 lb olmypic set from Ivanko barbell (if you can buy locally) 300 dollars?

A flat, incline, decline, adjustable bench from www.nybarbell.com about 99 dollars

Olympic dumbell handles from www.nybarbell.com about 40?

The right configuration of olympic plates to suit your desired maximum dumbell weight (a bunch of 10's, at least 4 5's and at least 4 2.5's) $X

Seated calf raise from?? about 200 bucks

An olympic ez curl bar about 40 bucks??

Giving the adolescent neighbor boy the chance to lustfully peer into your window........PRICELESS.

:D :D

Superbabe said:
Kingsquat....I'll still go to the local gym too...

Cool... That's a relief.

$10,000 and only 225 sqare feet? You won't have to spend near that much money to have a decent home gym in that small of an area. What are your goals? Bodybuilding? Fitness? If you were into bodybuilding and freeweights, I would suggest a buying a rack with a bar and weight, an adjustable bench, and some dumbbells. That way you could do flat bench, incline bench, squats, you name it - you could do it. I've even seen some racks with a cable pulley system integrated into them for lat pulldowns/tri extensions, etc. All that could go into a 15'X15' room for under $4000 easy. Even cheaper if you buy used...

my suggestion would be to get a smith,power rack combo with a weight stack, lat/low row, pec deck, and a fid (flat/incline/decline) bench, $2000 then get a legpress/hack squat combo. $1000 A dumbell rack and dumbells.($200 to $1000) weight plates. with this setup youve got all the basics and room to spare for whatever else you want abs, jump rope, whatever...and still have room for 1 cardio machine.As a trainer for over 10 yrs I have setup many home gyms and this is the most space effecient way to go. ehatever you do dont buy cheap equipment. shop around

Last edited:
Top Bottom