Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

You guys do body weight exercises?

pushups84

yo, wassup? A lot of wat ive been readin on these forums deals with a lot of weightlifting and barely any body weight workouts with pushups, pullups, dips, chins, lunges, stuff like that.

I was wondering if some of u guys do do these types of workouts.

I like to do dips after a chest or tri work out and I usually don't add any weight but started doing weighted ones last week and it was great.

Weighted chins and weighted dips are two great upper body exercises. If you want to try a body weight exercise try doing a 50 rep breathing squat.

I do alot of bodyweight exercises. My entire ab workout is done using only body weight (leg raises, crunches, reverse crunches, etc). I also do chins, pushups and dips. I have problems with my wrist, so instead of doing close grip bench press, I do a close grip pushup, on my knuckles with palms facing inward to each other. That takes almost all the stress off my wrists. However, I can do alot of reps, so I do it at the end of my chest/tricep workout.

weighted bodyweight exercises mainly.

dips, pullups and lunges. bodyweight is good for building a good foundation of strength initially. then the carryover when adding weights is doubly good. hehe.

I love doing bodyweight exercises because they give me lots of strenght and particular definition that I do not find with other exercises.

bignate73 said:
weighted bodyweight exercises mainly.

dips, pullups and lunges. bodyweight is good for building a good foundation of strength initially. then the carryover when adding weights is doubly good. hehe.

Well said.

pushups84 said:
yo, wassup? A lot of wat ive been readin on these forums deals with a lot of weightlifting and barely any body weight workouts with pushups, pullups, dips, chins, lunges, stuff like that.

I was wondering if some of u guys do do these types of workouts.

Absolutely. Would strongly suggest as a change of pace to anyone to do an upper body routine of must push ups and pull ups for a few weeks. I go 1 rep, then 2, then3 up to about 10 with a brief rest in between for a total of about, well, something... 35 I guess.

Top Bottom