Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Yoga for bodybuilders

daisy11

Do any of you big fellas do yoga? I attended my first ever hot yoga session and almost died I felt like I was such a puss compared to these tiny ladies sitting through it like it was nothing. I left after about 30 mins and had to take a good 5 min break because I was sweating sooo much I swear I lost 8lbs of water!

when you do hot yoga it is no joke. your mistake was leaving which defeats the purpose of it in the first place.. finish the class as much as it seems unbearable.

you need to make sure you are properly hydrated going into the class and during the class hydrate as well. i recommend mixing in some salt, cream of tartar, and liquid magnesium with your water to give you electrolytes from sweating so much

i've been doing yoga for almost 20 years now. Hot yoga is something that I've started to do a lot of lately and it is tremendous for improving flexbility. i highly recommend it, just find a good place.. not some old people yoga studio. a good quality hot yoga studio will give you much better results than regular yoga at your gym with some cookie cutter instructor. it is like comparing working out at the Y vs. a meathead gym

Do any of you big fellas do yoga? I attended my first ever hot yoga session and almost died I felt like I was such a puss compared to these tiny ladies sitting through it like it was nothing. I left after about 30 mins and had to take a good 5 min break because I was sweating sooo much I swear I lost 8lbs of water!

Go back again until you kick it. I need to stretch more

I know exactly how you felt the first time I wasnt properly hydrated and suffered for it with cramping. But next time out I was very hydrated before and during and it made the session quite enjoyable. I recommend Kombucha afterwords its one of the nicest feelings to drink after hot yoga!

Yoga is AWESOME. Everyone can benefit from being more flexible - especially bodybuilders.

I don't do yoga near as often as I should.

If you are struggling with the heat, try just regular yoga instead.

Yoga is definitely worth doing. And very difficult for a bodybuilder who has never done it before. I live doing all types of exercise. It is very beneficial for the body to get different types of training.

Apparently yoga is quite harmful if you are a powerlifter. Here's a video why from Dr. Stuart McGill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFoYpaHJXMo&t=2194s

he is pretty much saying any type of stretching is a bad idea if you want to deadlift a lot of weight. with all due respect this is a moronic. nobody is saying go to a yoga class and stretch, then drive to the gym and do 500 pound deadlifts.

this is the problem with youtube videos, any idiot can say anything. he would be more credible if he looked like he even lifted or did yoga for that matter.. the guy looks like shit

Top Bottom