Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

WSB? How to form a routine after the basic routine.

Parabellum

I've been doing the 9 week basic program for about a year now. I'm confused about making a long term plan for a year.

How does everyone change their routine and intensity throughout the year? How do periodize the routine? Do I break it up into a 4 week thing or three month thing?

Do you plan on competing? When you have competition to plan around it makes it easier to set up routine IMO.

No plans to compete within the next year. I do not think I have any right to even try to compete until I get stronger, a lot stronger. I think I would only embarass myself.

I would still track your progress as an 8 or 9 week program and reevaluate after that. In those weeks I would pound the shit out of your weaknesses. If your weak on 4 board press, do it... alot!! If your weak on suspened GM's, do them...a lot. Thats what I would do bro. Hammer your weak points, still within the general framework of the program though.

Pick your max exercises as you go. and re-evaluate your weak points every four weeks. and select your exercises accordingly

Exactly. Find your weaknesses and arrange any accessory work to make sure those areas get covered. If you are doing 2 main moves + accessory work like we do, and for example you have weak tris, then maybe you want to make sure you get more top end close grip work in on bench...things like that. Are you looking for a split and set/rep scheme? I'm not sure what you are taking with you and what needs to be revised.

INteresting that you do two main moves. So you do 2 ME days with 2 main moves per week. Doesn't wear you out?

I ahve to reevalute my training for the last few months and see where I'm lacking. Some is due to dieting but now that I think about it I see where I can improve. I train alone so with some things like the bench I have to kindo of guess where I think I failed.

I was just curious if you basically do the same type of workout throughout the year. I know to change the ME excercises efvery three weeks or so and max out every 8-9 weeks.

Do you improve every 9 weeks when you max out? For the bench I only improved 5 lbs in the last 5 months or so.

How Our Crew Does WSB:

M-1> = Main Move 1 (either to a 1 RM or for speed)
M-2> = Main Move 2 (usually a 3RM)

These are compound moves, and are done HEAVY. A PR is attempted EVERY TIME.

Accessory> = Isolated work for all the muscles that were involved that day. These are sometimes done for speed, sometimes super setted, sometimes with controlled negatives, sometimes it's one big long set with pauses, or drop sets...I just play it by ear and try to fatigue the muscle.

Monday:

Dynamic Effort Bench

M-1> Speed bench (3x8)

M-2> JM press, or other partial bench move to a 3 rep max, or an oly lift (generally I do oly moves in a 3-5 rep range, sets vary).

Accessory> Tris, lats, shoulders, etc...

Tuesday:

Max Effort Squat/Dead

M-1> GM, partial squat, or partial dead to a 1 rep max

M-2> GM, partial squat, partial dead, or other similar move (Zerchers) to a 3 rep max

Accessory> Core, glutes, hams, flexors, etc...

Thursday:

Max Effort Bench

M-1> Partial move to a 1 rep max

M-2> Partial move to a 3 rep max

Accessory> Tris, lats, shoulders, etc...

Saturday:

Dynamic Effort Squat

M-1> Speed Squats (2x8)

M-2> Usually speed deads (6 singles, or 3x3, whatever I feel like doing...with bands and chains)

Accessory> Core, glutes, hams, flexors, etc...

Then I do extra workouts, sled dragging, active recovery, etc...in addition to the 4 main days.

Top Bottom