Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

wrist splints (similar to shin splints)

does anyone get these? after straight bar curl, me left wrist (I can't tell if it is muscle or bone) hurts, but after I rotate it a couple of times, it goes away. could it be that I have a broken bone in my forearm? if that were the case, I would think I wouldn't be able to bench press 225 with a close grip... muscle strain of some sort. some analyze

:confused:

I get some pain in my wrists (or forearms near my hands, more accurately) when doing things like straight-bar curls, or straight-bar upright rows.

I've broken one of the bones in my right forearm before, so that could have something to do with it. But I feel it in both sides....

I can't really help you much, only to say that I get it as well. So, you're not alone. I doubt you have broken a bone.

As for bench, it's a different sort of stress on the bone.... the weight is going directly down the length of the bone, as opposed to curls where the bar is perpendicular to the bone.

My only recommendation is to try some different things.... like perhaps use the EZ bar for curls if you haven't tried that already. I find that changing the angle of my grip takes some of the strain away from my wrists/forearms. I hope it helps.

Had very similar problems to what you are describing. Mine got bad enough that I went for x-rays to check for any fractures, hairline or otherwise. Nothing.

Waited two more weeks then I went to my massage therapist (no no THAT massage therapist - the other one) and had her work on my forearms, brachii, and upper arms - 15-20 minutes each side. Problem cleared up almost immediatley.

My take on it is that it's awfully tough to strecth the muscles in your forearm - which means you need some intensive, outside manipulation to alleve soreness, knots, and binding.

had it too and continue to have it off and on. Sometimes when benching and sometimes when curling. Haven't had it in a LONG time thankfully. I got some wrist wraps and they help a little bit. Just cinch em tight. Man a couple of times it got me good and really sucked. Wish I knew what it was.

Top Bottom