Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

wrist pains from curls....

Harvdoggy

Ok only when i do STANDING types of curls i get sharp pains in both of my wrists...when i do it with the elbow supported its fine...however i feel i get a better pump from standing so does anyone know how this can be treated or have experienced it before?

when I use the straight bar I get the samething, but a couple months ago I switched to the EZ-bar and that seemed to take a little stress of my wrist...hope this helps.

I also had these pains. I use both types of bars but EZ bar does make it less. Question, have you ever broken your wrist? I have broken one of my wrists and that one hurts much worse than the other.

I've broken my wrist before, too! BUT, my opposite wrist is the one that hurts when I curl or do delt side rasies... Perhaps I was compensating for the weaker, broken wrist and over-trained the solid one... :confused:

I have an EZ curl bar and also havnet broken my wrists...thats the reason i got the bar because i thought it would lesson the pain but it didnt so i still dont know what to do

Try Freeweights (dumbbells) and thumbs towards you. Also concentrate on not using the wrist muscle to try to curl the bar towards you I've notices that I tend to do that alot strain with my wrists as if there going to make the bar get closer to me.

I used to get pain-a pinching actually in my right wrist only when doing dumbell curls. I only got it when lowering the weight from a 45 angle and down. I tried changing grips to no avail so I switched to concerntration curls and problem solved. I just recently tried regular dumb bell curls again and I still have that same pinching. Working on strengthening forearms has helped some.

>>Harvdoggy

You didnt say how you perform the curls, for example; %1RM, wrist position etc. What you should be doing is keeping the wrists in a neutral position and maybe using a lighter weight (10-12 reps). Its possible that any of the forearm flexors/extensors are not developed enough in comparison with your biceps/brachialis strength. Incorporate different types of wrist curls into your arm routine, and back off the heavy weights for now.

Top Bottom