Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Would you increase your reps to cut?

crash3837

For someone who is planning on losing BF would they increase their reps. :fro: (ect with cardio/diet) Would you increase the reps to failure at 9-10?

are you sure you mean type III?
if so that doesnt make sence.

Personally i would decrease the rep range to a maximum of 8 (at the very max)

Your body wont be able to build muscle in a state of fat loss (to build muscle you have to consume more calories than you use......losing fat is the oposite.)
so all you would want to do is maintain the muscle you have.

A bit brief and unscientific

bumping for someone with a real answer

Ive done this for competition in the 10 -15 range and i got decent seperation but my vascualrity didn't improve and i lost a little size.As soon as the comp was over i returned to my normal rep range 6-8 and after a few workouts i noticed my muscles were fuller looking and more vascular.I think the heavier load increases blood pressure leading to greater vascularity while still stressing the muscle suffeciently to maintain the existing size.
For my next comp im going to stick to the 8 rep range and let my diet take care of the rest.

i agree with bigGerry,i let the diet cut me up and i leave all compound moves heavy.i go light on side delts ,abs,but i don't change my lifting to hogh reps ever.but it works for me,and you've got to fingd what works for you.
h6ss_small.jpg
smiley_1.gif
talk is cheap

Also I'd like to mention what Ian King heavily stresses, rep ranges depend on your training age!

So you have to start by determining for how long you've been training, and what's the base norm rep range for a given muscle group, and THEN up it.

However, using concepts such as "I've trained for 2 year" doesn't do it, you have to think how GOOD you've trained.

Most intermidate trainers get good results in the rep range of 6-12, beginners go 10-16
Advanced trainess often benifit in 4-6 reps.

Also, this is kinda common sense, the better you are, the more you can lift, the more you can lift the more active your neurotical pathways are.

The more active they are, less repetition is needed to fully activate them.

its real simple

if you start lifting with high reps........ your going to shrink and wither away

you got the huge muscles by lifing big....... not rep after rep after rep

keep the big weight

adjust your diet and cardio for lower bodyfat

doing higher reps is a crock

Rep range for me is usually indicated by the exercise- leg extensions are usually 8-15, Squats are 8-10 (though I might try some 20 reppers soon), Inclines usually burnout out by 7-8 and presses rarely get above 6.

Very good information. I've always concentrated on losing fat because I was heavy as a kid and young adult. That always meant high reps, low weight, lot of cardio etcs. And actually, that way of doing things did take a lot of weight off. However, it only got me so far. Once the weight came off, I was stuck. I never made real gains because I kept lifting light.

So now I'm finally lifting heavy again and I'm starting to see gains. I'm a pretty big guy natually and I'm finally starting to lift like one. The diet is good and I keep up the cardio, although not as much as I used to.

Couple guys here have said to let the diet and cardio take care of the bodyfat. But weight training is for strength and size. Makes sense. So we live and learn...

Top Bottom