Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Would this overwork chest and Tris?

miked8c

Monday: Max Effort Day
Board Press 1-5RM
Assistance

Thursday
Speed bench 8x3 (60% of 1RM)
Heavy Dips 5x3-5 (100+lbs.)
Assistance

As you can see I want to add weighted dips to this program, however I do not want it to impede my performance on my ME day.

Is going balls out on two pressing movements a week going to burn me out? I know its only one more exercise but I plan on treating the dips like another max effort bench press, heavy weight to improve lockout. However I don't want my next workout 4 days later on Monday to be hindered, because the board press is the important one.

If this would be too much, I could move the dips from my speed day to my Max Effort day:

Monday: Max Effort Day
Board Press 1-5RM
Heavy Dips 5x 3-5 (100+lbs.)
Assistance

Thursday
Speed bench 8x3 (60% of 1RM)
Assistance

This poses the obvious problem of me not being able to go as hard on the dips as I would have been fatigued from the board press. Whereas if I do it after my speed workout I would still have plenty of energy to go hard. Going from one Max effort day a week, to two.

I know that the answer will probably be no, it is not overworking my upper body? However keep in mind that I want to be at full strength for my Monday workout. I also dead lift and squat on Tuesdays and Fridays.

If your getting enough sleep and eating right, no you should be fine. Especially if your taking some supps, and or on some gear. But even with rest and food, you should be fine.

The first method you listed will almost certainly be fine. That's 3+ days rest between pressing movements. Many people train max effort lifts 2+ times a week. It's not as if you're doing an insane amount of volume either, since you're simply working up to a top set on your current ME day.

Top Bottom