Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Would an increase in arm size help balance out long legs and long arms w/ short torso

Acoustic

Just to start off, I am on a 5x5 bulking workout. I am eating plenty of calories and making a good gain (about a pound a week). Started off at 159 and I have worked my way to 171 pounds at 6'1. I have very long legs and very long arms (74 inch reach). My torso is pretty short (which causes an odd look I think) so I am wondering if I might need to workout my arms more (with the 5x5 program) with curls or something in order to get them bigger or should I just wait and see how progression looks when I weigh in at around 190-200 with just the standard 5x5? I feel like that would make my stomach seem flatter and make me look generally bigger since I have longer limbs.

Re: Would an increase in arm size help balance out long legs and long arms w/ short t

since youve only gained about 10lbs (which is good that you are making progress) i would just continue to build a solid base before 'chiseling away'...
i have learned over many years that the less i do, very often turns into better results because my body is not fighting to recover all the time...
200ish would seem like a pretty good goal for your height before you start any isolation 'aesthetic' workouts...
keep up the hard work though... your arms will grow just fine for now with the pressing, rows etc...

Top Bottom