Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Would this be a good sub for a floor press?

Parabellum

My gym is great but it lacks a few things. I can't really find a way to do floor presses so I decided to presses in a smith machine with bars at the same height as where the benchbar should be in a floor press. I rest the benchbar on the bars for a second or three and push up.

What do you think?

Any reason why you don't do them in the power rack? That is the way I have done them and seen others do them.

We don't like the smith machine. (Frankenstein voice) "Smith Machine bad!!!"

B.

Get a friend that likes to deadlift. Lay down on the floor and have him deadlift the bar to you and then do a floor press.
Or use a powerrack if you have one.

At my home gym we were using two milk crates resting the weights on that......someone would kick them out of the way when the set started.

pretty primative....it worked, but a bit dangerous.

We now have little car jacks (we dont have a full power rack...just a budget one with no J hooks)

they sell them at car supply, auto repair and spare parts stores(sorry im from australia....i dont know what you call them over there)

These jacks are used to hold up car trailers and can hold up to 600lbs each.

they are pretty small....adjustable and dont cost much...maybe $10 american dollars

i hope im making myself clear.

Smith machine is bad news, if they used a smith machine at a bench press contest....then train with one in the gym. but other wise stick with free weights

before i got a decent power rack, i would setup the weight on cinder blocks. this worked well bit it wasn't perfect. the rack is just so nice to do the floor press in. i personally would not do them in the smith machine because it doesnt really let you go with your natural groove.

The smith machie is a peice of shit-do nothing on that shit machine. Do a real floor press and dont use a pussy smith machine You will get no strength on a pussy smith machine nso dont f'cking use it

I screwed up, it is a power rack not a smith machine. It's just wierd.

But the more I think about it I thinkg it is possible. I have to take a good look in the gym tomorrow and see how far I can lower the hooks.

CytoMel said:
The smith machie is a peice of shit-do nothing on that shit machine. Do a real floor press and dont use a pussy smith machine You will get no strength on a pussy smith machine nso dont f'cking use it

man i like your attitude!

Top Bottom