Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

would it be distracting to workout w/ your boyfriend??

dEgeNeRaTe8211

cuz me and him were just talking about this the other day. we both need a workout parter, but we dunno if we will lose r concentration or whatever if we were to train together. any of you guys train w/ ur boy/girl friend??

I use to train with my girl and it worked out good for her. The problem was the huge difference in weights we were lifting. She couldn't reliably spot me. Don't get me wrong, I loved training with her because she had a good time and got great results, but it just didn't work for me. A guy can't be intense with his training with his lady. Now that I'm using gear I definately wouldn't work out with my girl. It would be waaay too distracting. :D

I was my ex's training partner for the better part of 11 years...and it was a good training relationship, that is, until I decided that I wanted to compete... then he went "wiggy on me".

I do agree that the MOST females would have difficulty properly spotting a man who is doing 100# dumbbell presses, etc but how much of your workout is THAT HEAVY?! For the REALLY heavy stuff, chances are there will be AT LEAST one guy around who would be able to help out.

Women have endurance while men have brute strength. I think that when you combine the two it is an EXCELLENT pairing.

I have trained with men on and off A/S and like I said, though I am NOT capable of spotting them properly on THE REALLY HEAVY stuff I have YET to hear of a guy complain that I "couldn't hang".

Also, when I train I do NOT go to the gym as a "widdle gym bunny". True, my ass my be hanging out of my shorts on occasion, but the general reaction that I get from most men is, "DAYUM, that chick is almost as strong as (95%) of the guys here!" So I don't think they are necessarily being distracted by my ass. tee-hee

I do train with an EXCEPTIONAL female when opportunity allows (Fitness Chick) and I can safely say that she could probably kick 98% of the MEN'S ASSES in AND out of the gym. :D Me, I am just a creampuff! LOL

Last edited:
I think it depends alot upon what type of people you are.....and what type of relationship you have. I dont like being distracted by anything, including women, in the gym. I especially cant handle eye-contact when I'm lifting.....and gf's tend to come with that installed. It just causes me to bomb a lift......which isnt the reason that I am there. I guess if I was a bodybuilder and women were my main motivation it might work.
Then again you might be a little more mature than me and might not get as easily distracted by members of the opposite sex.

Just try it and see how it workds out for you.

dEgeNeRaTe8211 said:
cuz me and him were just talking about this the other day. we both need a workout parter, but we dunno if we will lose r concentration or whatever if we were to train together. any of you guys train w/ ur boy/girl friend??

It's never worked for my wife and I. We have very different goals and I lift to heavy for her, to much time spent pulling and putting plates off and on.

We do. Me and my wife that is. Well when she doesn't wuss out. It is good. She does have trouble spotting sometimes but usually having a chick spot you is better than a dude anyway. Because they don't lift the weight as much as a guy spotter does so you get a better work out. Besides the scenery is so much better looking up at those tatas. :D

bikinimom said:
Women have endurance while men have brute strength.

Actually, this is something I hear a lot of women say because it puts them on a somewhat level physical plane with men. It is, however, false. Endurance has nothing to do with your gender - it is purely and individual characteristic.

i think that when my man (natedogg) and i workout together it has mostly positive results! we both work harder and can keep each other pumped thru the workout, but are comfy enough w/ each other that we don't do stupid things to impress, like lifting WAY too much. we can give better constructive critism and, since we live together, design our workouts and plan before each session. there can be some down sides, like once in a while not being able to spot, but it is few and far between and never beccome an issue. i say go for it, it is a great way to spend Q/T!! the best part of it is after, when you go home and conserve water!! (he,hee,hee!!):horny:

:devil:
I train my wife after my workout. She gets to the gym after the kid is on the bus, so I'm done before she gets there. In the summer she is there at the same time I am. To avoid the pain in the ass of constantly changing plates, we work different exercises. We train the same body part on the same day but start at different spots. For example I'll do flat bench while she'll do the incline and we'll spot each other. Plus I get time credited in the spending quality time together file. :biggrin:

Top Bottom