Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

worried about my grandson lifting weights

BoryRo

my grandson is about 14 years old turning fifteen soon

he has got into weight training and is doing it in his school

I'm not a fan of him doing it and I think it's dangerous for kids that age to weight train because it can stunt their growth

can you give me some reassurance that everything's going to be okay and should I be concerned

when i was a weight lifting coach/judge parents brought up this concern all the time.

weight training when done properly wont' stunt growth, it can actually increase it

breaking bones is what can stunt growth and you break bones doing other sports. i've even seen kids paralyzed from soccer!

so my advice is encourage your grandson to weight train but educate him on doing it properly

14 is a good age to lift weights just tell him not to go heavy and stay natural

I wouldnt worry about it too much just tell him go slow and FULLY natural.

He is of good age to start weight training, tell him not to over train, less weight, but more reps.

my grandson is about 14 years old turning fifteen soon

he has got into weight training and is doing it in his school

I'm not a fan of him doing it and I think it's dangerous for kids that age to weight train because it can stunt their growth

can you give me some reassurance that everything's going to be okay and should I be concerned

You're wrong. I started aged 15 and I'm 6'3

Top Bottom