Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

World's Strongest Man Competitions....

AGENT SHAGWELL

Has anyone ever been to one of these, or the Challenges or Qualifiers? I'm dieing to see one....

There's a Challenge in Norfolk Virgina on the 28th, anyone going to that? Magnus will be there!!!!!

I know alot of guys on here do powerlifting, but does anyone compete in any of these type events?

------------------
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):): ):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):).....

[This message has been edited by AGENT SHAGWELL (edited April 12, 2001).]

Here...lots of different training. A lot more than I imagined. Hard to work a job and train for this stuff. I do lots of work in the gym along with other exercises such as:

truck push
truck pull
sled drag
farmer's walk
crucifix hold
2" bar work
tire flip
atlas stones
lots of wind sprints
tons of grip work

It is hard to be big, strong, and in good athletic shape. It is also hard to train for all of these events out of your garage too.

B True

B fold...thanks for replying!!! I love to watch those events!!! Are you competing in any upcomming ones? Do your neighbors think your nuts when your training at home? Would you like to be my neighbor? ;)

I am competing in June of this year. Yeah...my neighbors like to sit outside on their porch and watch me flip my 700+lb tire down the driveway. I drag my sled through my yard and theirs, and do my farmer's walks around their house too. They don't mind. The events are really fun...but it requires a whole new aspect of lifting and being in shape. It is different to lift for a purpose and exercise specific. It is like manual labor...and who can complete the job the fastest.

B True

Thats awesome! I'd really like to catch your competition if its not too far away. That is if you don't mind, you can e mail me the dates and location. If not thats cool. I'd just really like to see one and be neat to see someone I can "chat" with be a competitor.

You have mail. I don't expect to do well in the competition. A couple of things that have me at a disadvantage is that:

1-I don't have a lot of equipment to train with.

2-I weigh about 285-290 right now and will be in the 275-300lb weight class. There will be some big boys there that will probably be considerably stronger than I.

3-It will be my first strongman competition.

I just expect to work hard between now and then and finish every event respectfully.

B True

B True...if you don't mind hit me with the info for your comp. I have a meet in May, but I have always been interested in strongmen events.

I'm lifting in the 198's, but at 6'3" that's way to light. I could easily carry 275-300 if I decided to.

By the way let me know where you found the "big" tire. I've wanted to get one to add to my GPP(General Physical Preparedness) work...Thanks.

------------------
m.pstm.8106.e.jpg

"I'm having an old friend for dinner."

[This message has been edited by Hannibal (edited April 13, 2001).]

Top Bottom