Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

WORKOUT SMART, DONT TRY TO RECREATE THE WHEEL!!!

punch

We all know that to get big, one must lift heavy, and we all know that to achieve muscular seperation we must incorporate diet and excersises which work high twitch muscle fibers. We should also know that to achieve the look of a Bodybuilder one must include all of these aspects of training. This is the essence of bodybuilding. Why we constantly try to deviate from this is beyond my understanding.

A great way to achieve well rounded muscle is to incorporate low reps with a high rep drop set!!
ex: Triceps
Lets take skull crushers as an excersize w/ez curl bar.
With a wieght you can do 6 reps with, perform 3 sets constantly staying with a max of 6 reps. On the 4th set take that wieght and load it up on the ez bar with 10lb plates equivalant to the wieght you were doing for 6 reps. You are going to try and do the equivalant amt of total reps on your 4th set that you did for your total last 3 sets which would be 18 in this case. Do 6 reps and strip a 10lb plate on each side and do another six then take another 10lb plate off and do another 6 for a total of 18 reps on your 4th set. By doing this you hit all slow and high twitch fibers, which is exactly the goal. Low reps with a triple drop set have been a staple in my workouts for some time and work fantastic and best of all can be applied to just about every excersize. LOL

"The other day a woman came up to me and said,"Id really love to touch your body, my reply, "I dont blame you".

I had my hopes up for a second there.

how about...

Train hard.

Utilize compound exercise almost exclusively.

Progress.

Originally posted by Cackerot69:

Utilize compound exercise almost exclusively.

B]

No tricep pushdowns, bicep curls, shrugs, skull crushers, hamstring curls, lateral raises, front raises, leg extensions, calf raises, etc?!!!?? Are you a bodybuilder or a powerlifter?

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

i didn't say none of them, just that compound exercises should make up the bulk of your routine.

For Example, a typical chest workout for me would be as follows...

Bench press-3x6
incline DB press -superset- incline flye-2x6-10
weighted dips-1 drop set + negatives until absolute failure.

"Are you a bodybuilder or a powerlifter?"

i'm a little of both, i guess :)

Top Bottom