Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Workout Interview with Fitness Manager tomorrow--Help!!

Joydle

Good morning!

I recently received my NASM certification and am trying to get in at a big gym for more experience (Been lifting/working out for the past decade, and have been shadowing the owner of a boutique gym for the past 6 months). I had my first interview and was called today to come in and do the second one, which is where I run the fitness manager through a workout.

I feel a little at a loss because I'm not getting to do the initial session where I talk to him about what he's done, what he wants, etc.etc., so this feels more like a "show us whatcha got" type of deal. I'm supposed to "show him why he'd want to hire me as his personal trainer", and do so in 50 minutes.

Any advice for a newbie?

I was thinking free weight tri-sets for a few specific body parts (calves, legs/butt, and shoulders), then a few burn out pullup and pushup sets interspersed between, and then maybe drop sets for biceps and triceps.

Share your wisdom!! ;-)

I did the same thing when I went in for an interview for Golds Gym. During the one on one orientation always keep in mind what the client wants to achieve, then go off that. If you stick to that to show them what they're in for them give them a great workout then they will want u. Always ask for them to critique your workout, make sure they like what they're doing and enjoy it. Don't break them off the first session but also make them realize that they need u. That's the reason they came to the gym in the first place was to change their life and they need a PT. PTs are life changers and guides to help a person and they need that push to reach their goals. Keep that in mind at all times and U will not fail.

If u r at a corporate gym always make sure that that's what u really want. Yes u will get clients but also realize what percentage the gym takes from each of your sessions.

Top Bottom