Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Workout every day or every other day to bulk?

Workout every day or every other day to bulk?

• Total voters

nolimitxxx

I’ve almost always had a routine of working out 6 days a week with the 7th as the day to rest. Whenever I’ve reached a plateau in weight gain I’ve tried to change something to get a different and better result. These days though I question whether or not I can gain more from the effort by letting the muscles fully recover before breakdown again. I’ve tried EOD workouts with some minimal results but for only a short period of time. Anyone else have experience with this?

I feel ya, bro. I work out 6-7 days a week and find it hard not to go to the gym twice a day! At nights I work the legs. I work each bodypart 3x week. On Sundays I'll work out some bodypart that has had enough time to recover from last workout or some lagging bp, or do cardio...

I also change my routine once I hit a plateau. I'm a gym addict. I admit that, but i don't think there's anything wrong with it if you play it safe and give each bodypart 48 hours rest. Once a week I max out for 3-4 sets on each exercise to somewhat hasten my gains/strength and help keep track of my progress.

OOOHH HOW SWEET IT IS!!

I workout 5 days on with one day off then repeat on a five part body split,I've found that works best for me...and helps eliminate me from over training in most cases.different plans work for everyone tho,so I don't want to generalize for what works for everyone else.I will probably end up changing mine around if things start to stagnate and I stop growing,so far they haven't...so far so good imo.

nolimitxxx said:
I’ve almost always had a routine of working out 6 days a week with the 7th as the day to rest. Whenever I’ve reached a plateau in weight gain I’ve tried to change something to get a different and better result. These days though I question whether or not I can gain more from the effort by letting the muscles fully recover before breakdown again. I’ve tried EOD workouts with some minimal results but for only a short period of time. Anyone else have experience with this?

Tricky question. For guys who are newer to lifting I'd say 5-6 times a week. When you start getting into heavier weights its not so easy. Injuries have been terrible for me over the last 2 years. Finally back on track. Sitting at 235lbs without having to struggle to breath. If your joints can handle it I'd say more the marrier.

cboogsrun said:
Tricky question. For guys who are newer to lifting I'd say 5-6 times a week. When you start getting into heavier weights its not so easy. Injuries have been terrible for me over the last 2 years. Finally back on track. Sitting at 235lbs without having to struggle to breath. If your joints can handle it I'd say more the marrier.

Same thing I'm thinking. Been training pretty hard for the past 6 years where I used to be 180 to now 225 and I find myself either getting multiple injuries or a high rate of muscle fatigue which only allows for 1 hour workouts.

I workout 4 days, then 1 day off, then 4 days, 1 day off....dont know how may times/week that comes out to...but it works for me.

One of the reasons guys gain on HIT is because they're simply less active. You'll gain more fat. Doing cardio to burn the fat is working against yourself.

I believe there's too much worry about overtraining. In general, the more you work out, (heavy) the more muscle you build. After that. it's up to the amount of calories you take in. (And sleep).

I think it all depends on the individual.

If you personally have the mental drive and determination to train hard, eat and sleep 7 days a week then good for you. The real question is, how long can someone maintain that high level of performance before your mentally wasted.

Some guys are all about never missing a day in the Gym. Sure, consistantly getting into the Gym is key, but if your just going through the motions and chatting it up 20% of the time what good is it?

If thats the case, I would rather see you work out EOD and spend the extra time at home eating and getting some extra rest...both mentally and physically.

Being on the sauce puts people under even greater stress to never miss a workout or workout even more. If your sore, tired, burned out etc...go ahead and take an extra day of rest, eat and sleep. Your only going to come back that much stronger the next day. Forcing yourself through workouts makes absolutely no sense. It just invites injury and adds to your mental anguish.

This is not what you want to hear,

But take one whole week off, then come back and hit it hard,

I am taking this week off, been going non stop for 6-7 months.

Top Bottom