Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Workout every day or every other day to bulk?

Workout every day or every other day to bulk?

• Total voters
Rickdarula said:
I think it all depends on the individual.

If you personally have the mental drive and determination to train hard, eat and sleep 7 days a week then good for you. The real question is, how long can someone maintain that high level of performance before your mentally wasted.

Some guys are all about never missing a day in the Gym. Sure, consistantly getting into the Gym is key, but if your just going through the motions and chatting it up 20% of the time what good is it?

If thats the case, I would rather see you work out EOD and spend the extra time at home eating and getting some extra rest...both mentally and physically.

Being on the sauce puts people under even greater stress to never miss a workout or workout even more. If your sore, tired, burned out etc...go ahead and take an extra day of rest, eat and sleep. Your only going to come back that much stronger the next day. Forcing yourself through workouts makes absolutely no sense. It just invites injury and adds to your mental anguish.

Best and most true post on here, without a doubt.

nolimitxxx said:
Same thing I'm thinking. Been training pretty hard for the past 6 years where I used to be 180 to now 225 and I find myself either getting multiple injuries or a high rate of muscle fatigue which only allows for 1 hour workouts.

every other day then at the point you are at, or somethign like M-W-F, weekend off. R u mostly going heavy with some lighter "cruise" periods in there I hope? Progressing every week? Stretching? Stretching will keep injuries away bro.

nolimitxxx said:
I’ve almost always had a routine of working out 6 days a week with the 7th as the day to rest. Whenever I’ve reached a plateau in weight gain I’ve tried to change something to get a different and better result. These days though I question whether or not I can gain more from the effort by letting the muscles fully recover before breakdown again. I’ve tried EOD workouts with some minimal results but for only a short period of time. Anyone else have experience with this?

I too used to have your problem, until I finally started listening to my body. I go heavy for about a month. Then I do at least 2 weeks of very light high reps. If you continually just train heavy you aren't working out your fast twitch muscle fibers. When they are weaker to the heavier larger muscles you have and can't compensate for it thats when injuries occur. Also why you are more injury prone when on steroids. Try to listen to your body. Sometimes I even take week off if I feel really run down, next week I go to the gym expecting to be weak as hell and somehow I got stronger. You can't train heavy all year without effecting your central nervous system, 4-5 weeks of heavy then 2 of light high reps works for me.

krbn08 said:
sunday-off
monday-chest and tri's(pushing movements)
tuesday-legs, mainly calves
wednesday-off
thursday-back and bi's(pulling movements)
friday-touch up day, shoulders and anything that needs work.
saturday-off

This is a good split. One of my favorites.

Currently I am doing:

The 5X5:

Monday:

Olympic Squats 5x5 (same weight)
Benching 5x5 (flat, close grip or regular)(same weight)
JS Rows 5x5 (same weight)
Accessory (low volume triceps and abs)

Wednesday:

Olympic Squats 5x5 (reduced 15-20% from Monday) or Front Squats 5x5
Standing Military Press 5x5 (same weight)
Deadlifts 5x5 (same weight) (if you pull 2.5x bodyweight do 3x5)
Pull ups 5x5 (use weight if you need it)
Accessory (biceps and abs)

Friday:

Olympic Squats 5x5 (working up each set)
Benching 5x5 (flat or incline)(same weight)
Rows 5x5 (same weight)
Accessory (low volume triceps and abs)

When on - Every day ... sometimes twice a day if I feel a bodypart needs to be hit again.

When off - 3-4 times a week so that I get enough rest.

gjohnson5 said:
Yes ,I've heard of Dorian Yates , but are you suggesting that people on the board train with the frequency and intensity as Dorian???

:lmao: :FRlol:

Who cares what Dorian Yates does because Dorian Yates is not posting in this thread...

I'm sure Dorian Yates didn't train the same way all of his bodybuilding career. Most professional bodybuilders train so many ways over many years, so it's impossible to attribute their success to one particular training method.

PS. Why did this post show up on the front page as a recent post?

need time for recovery.
And hit the gym 100% each time we hit
so i prefer alternate day workout ..

I train 4 days a week with three days of heavy work and one additional day to train the missed out small muscles like forearms calf etc.. it wont take me even 20 mins...

Cheers
Biglee
http://biglee-murali.blogspot.com

I'm new to bodybuilding, only been doing it for about two months now, so my body is still getting used to weight training. Right now, I can't work out more than two days a week. One day upper body, one day lower body. I lift very heavy for me. After my leg workouts, I can barely walk for the next four days. My upper body is sore for just as long. I don't feel strong again for about a week. But every week I am able to lift more weight. I eat a ton and take whey supplements and get plenty of rest.

I do 2 on 1 off and then 2 on and 2 off routine and it works well for me. At 19 I was 6'1 and 140. At 30 I was around 170-180 and now (37 yo) I'm 210. I cant work out 6 days a week anymore and I never got good results with it anyways. Find out what works for you and do it.

Top Bottom