Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Workout every day or every other day to bulk?

Workout every day or every other day to bulk?

• Total voters
whats wrong with you fuking people. What the fuck does bulking up have to do with how many days a week you workout? All looks are about DIET, dats it. Wanna look cut? DIET. Wanna be fat? DIET. Wanna add on muscle? DIET.

I have read somewhere recently that you need to allow 5 to 10 days in between lifting a bodypart for maximum recovery. I have no idea how valid this is but I believe I read it on bodybuilding.com and I wish I still had the link. I'm not saying that because it was on bodybuilding.com that it is true I'm just trying to get some feedback from guys on here regarding this theory.

I will say after reading that I have let myself have more time for recovery and I don't think it has helped me and its possibly hurt me some because I haven't seen much lately in terms of gains. After reading all the different varieties in this post about how many days to train and take off my head is spinning. Isn't there some rule of thumb for how long it takes your muscles to fully recover while on and off aas?

I do a eod workwout when bulking, 2 bp a workout. five day a week when i want to rip it up a little more.

I listen to my body. There are many, many external factors that can come into play WRT recovery times.

There exists no single credited response to this question.

:cow:

Ill say one thing. Fuck rules I dont like em. I listen to my body and do what I want. If I feel good enough to go train im not gunna sit there and say oh fuck I didnt get 72hrs of rest yet on this bodypart or w/e. Screw that. But I think how you go about training depends on your genetics and your body type.

For instance I can train 7 days a week HARD to the point wheer I have to sit down and collect myself again after I workout. How do I know I dont overtrain? I get about 7-8hrs sometimes 9hrs a day of rest and everytime I go back into the gym I am moving more weight or moving about the same with more intensity. I usually do something like Mon-Chest Tues-Back Wed-Shoulders Thurs-Arms -Fri legs - Sat calves which takes me about 20 mins to do and then I rest for the rest of that day and the next and about every 2-3 months I take a full week off and do nothing except be lazy or enjoy fun activities.

Doing this I have made tremendous gains. Like I said above im sure for everyone genetics and body type play a role. I mean I could be wrong but ive read those things places like you all have im sure. I also notice I can train with somebody and given the fact we are both on a clean diet with proper supplimentation I can usually train harder for longer periods of time in the gym than they can. I can also recover in between sets faster. Not sure why but I just listen to my body and I cant remeber the last time I hit a plateau.

My main things I focus on would be not so much how many times a week I can train but how hard I can train during those sessions. I treat every set and rep like its my last one and I dont cheat really becuz I would only be cheating myself. I sleep A LOT and I eat A LOT. If im not cooking im sometimes working but mostly sleeping and if im not sleeping im mostly cooking and eating :p

I dont think there are set rules I think there are guidelines to live by but I think if you listen to your body and train like a mad man but a smart one I think you can make hella good gains.

Nelson Montana said:
One of the reasons guys gain on HIT is because they're simply less active. You'll gain more fat. Doing cardio to burn the fat is working against yourself.

I believe there's too much worry about overtraining. In general, the more you work out, (heavy) the more muscle you build. After that. it's up to the amount of calories you take in. (And sleep).

couldnt have said it better myself.... but it also depeneds on your goals and what your looking ot achieve. if you want to be lean and cut, cardio is a plus.. if you want to bulk up keep it to a minimum. common sense

I don't know what your age is bro. However, the older you get the longer your muscles need to recover between workouts. For me, I'm 45, and I usually don't go more than 4 times per week, working different muscle groups. I don't compete though.

I train using a total body split three days a week. Everything gets hit each day. I take a week off every six weeks, then I rotate the exercises. On my three non training days I push, pull, run, with a weighted sled and do various lifts with a keg and kettlebells. I usually rest/fish on Sunday. I am basically training total body 6 days a week. Kcals are always kept high. 4500+ every day. I am also still a gear virgin, so I am unassisted. High frequency seems to be the best way for me to train. I don't do very well on body part splits. I will change it up every now and then and do upper/lower splits. I couldn't imagine going to the gym and having a bicep day. Then again I am not an elite level bodybuilder either.

Nelson Montana said:
One of the reasons guys gain on HIT is because they're simply less active. You'll gain more fat. Doing cardio to burn the fat is working against yourself.

I believe there's too much worry about overtraining. In general, the more you work out, (heavy) the more muscle you build. After that. it's up to the amount of calories you take in. (And sleep).

I believe Nelson hit this on the head "too much worry about overtraining" I personaly set me training for 3 on 1 off BUT I switch it to 2 on 1 off when I am training like an animal. The other side of the coin is that sometimes I feel so good on a day off I may go in and train and get my pump on.

Its different from person to person but the more you work out and RECOVER the more muscle you build. Eat Eat Eat and good zzz's too.

OLD SCHOOL.

BigGuyPHX

Top Bottom