Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Workout every day or every other day to bulk?

Workout every day or every other day to bulk?

• Total voters
I am with you,I am 32 with 3 kids,a business,and a wife,so a solid 4 days a week,each body part once a week,with key compound lifts weekly(deads/squats)and bench.Is good for me,an occasional 3 days workout week when needed.I found my body is certainly changing from when I was 25 or so,definately need more recovery time now,and injury prevention is much more important.I know much more now what my body "can and cannot do."

gjohnson5 said:
Yes ,I've heard of Dorian Yates , but are you suggesting that people on the board train with the frequency and intensity as Dorian???

:lmao: :FRlol:

Who cares what Dorian Yates does because Dorian Yates is not posting in this thread...

Dood, pre mr olympia he trained once a day for 45 min. YES! I'm absolutely suggesting that.

hard2handle said:
And I care because it's proof that most guys overtrain. You can be Mr. Olympia at 1 hour a day. Look it up.

Just cause Dorain Yates became Mr. Olympic by going 1 hour a day if thats even true (he could be bullshitting) it doesnt mean everyone should be doing that.

Ah no1, you again. Your right, only people who want to be Mr. Olympia should follow Mr. Olympia's advice.
-If your want to be a great plumber, learn from a plumber, If you want to be a millionaire, learn from a millionaire. If you want to be Mr. Olympia...
Once again do your research. People will only value your opinion if it is backed by facts. I love to be wrong. and I encourage any argument, but saying that's buul s!*t and F*$k that do not serve to validate your opinion or attract respect.

3 days a week lifting heavy is enough for me. Time off is just as important as time training and food intake.

Perp

DonCorleone562 said:
I workout 4 days, then 1 day off, then 4 days, 1 day off....dont know how may times/week that comes out to...but it works for me.

This is exactly what Ive been doing for about the last 2 years or so, works great

perp69 said:
3 days a week lifting heavy is enough for me. Time off is just as important as time training and food intake.

Perp

Same here. Active recovery on off days is nice, just some light snatchs/cleans to keep my shoulders loose. With my metabolism is hard enough getting in enough calories to keep the weight gain going, up to 200lbs was fairly easy, getting more difficult now.

If you guys enjoy being at the gym that much, more power to you.

My split is: Monday: Pecs/Back/abs, Wednesday: Legs/Calves/abs, Friday: Shoulders/Arms/abs.

I do mostly compound lifts (ie: squat, bench, deads, upright rows, clean and press etc). So with overlap, most muscles are getting hit more than once a week. I find it very hard to eat on days I train. My body just feels too hyped up. I use my off days to rest and eat like a horse, perhaps do some light cardio and or active recovery.

This is just what works for *me*. I suggest a trip to the training board where you will find some great information such as the 5x5 program by Madcow and some wonderful training journals that have tons of great real world info.

As for being/becoming Mr. Olympia or an IFBB pro, only your genetics, drive and determination will allow that to happen. You have to have it all. Not even the genetics alone won't do the trick if you don't have the will and desire to be one. And trust me, if you were meant to be a Pro or top level NPC athlete, you will know soon enough with a little bit of proper training and nutrition.

In the end, find what works best for *you* and strive to be the best *you* possible. That's all any of us can do. The rest is up to fate and what genetics we were lucky (or in some cases unlucky) enough to be born with. Good luck with which ever program you end up doing. :)

Top Bottom