Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Workout every day or every other day to bulk?

Workout every day or every other day to bulk?

• Total voters
I find that as you grow more experienced you learn to be a bit more instintual with your training.
there are times during the year I train 4 months straight without taking a day off maybe 3-4 hours a day and make tremendous gains.
other times I may only train 3 days a week for 45 min

it really comes down to synergy. if conditions are optimal, train optimally. if the body needs rest then give it rest
in my experience the guys that make the best progress are the guys most in tune with what thier body needs and simply listens to it

I gain the most size and strength training 3 times per week, concentrating on the powerlifts for low reps, and backing that up with some basic isolation work (fly's, curls, extensions, leg raises, ect) for medium reps. I love to lift, but I'm highly prone to overtraining even on a heavy AAS cycle while eating 6000 cals a day. Not getting enough sleep is a problem for me.
I don't subscibe to the HIT theory, but don't under estimate the importance of rest in a bulk up routine.
Now when it's time to lose some of that bodyfat - that's a different story.

Powerbuilder333 said:
I gain the most size and strength training 3 times per week, concentrating on the powerlifts for low reps, and backing that up with some basic isolation work (fly's, curls, extensions, leg raises, ect) for medium reps. I love to lift, but I'm highly prone to overtraining even on a heavy AAS cycle while eating 6000 cals a day. Not getting enough sleep is a problem for me.
I don't subscibe to the HIT theory, but don't under estimate the importance of rest in a bulk up routine.

Good stuff. I think people really overestimate their muscles sometimes. Even when you're not sore day after a workout, your muscles are still repairing themselves and when you hit those muscles again, you stop the rebuilding of the muscle.

digit0x said:
Good stuff. I think people really overestimate their muscles sometimes. Even when you're not sore day after a workout, your muscles are still repairing themselves and when you hit those muscles again, you stop the rebuilding of the muscle.
Not to mention your central nervous system gets fried with the heavy demands of moving maximal weights.

I agree with this.

If anyone you ever took time off work just to hit the gym (like I did the last 2 months) and you workout for like 4 hours a day 7x a week... It's taxing. I couldn't get out of bed. Tired all the time. Falling asleep at the wheel.

Get your rest and lift heavy (joints permitting)

Powerbuilder333 said:

I train all body parts once/wk in 5 days.
Have tried doing it twice, but the same thing always happens, my weights stall.
Hitting em hard once a week works best for me.
Like some other guys said, listen to your body.
If it's telling you that it needs a break then don't be afraid to do it, it may be the best thing for you at that time.

digit0x said:
I wish I had the intellectual ability to explain this fully from memory, but I don't.
The basic concept is that when you lift weights, it's not only the muscles doing the work. First your brain has to coordinate the movement and send commands through the CNS (central nervous system) to the motor nuerons that fire the muscle spindles, that contract the specific fibers that move the bones/joints that move the weight. This is a grossly inadequate explanation, but hopefully you get the idea that it's a lengthy chain of events needed to move a simple weight.
The heavier the weight, the more it fatigues the CNS, and the more rest is required.
Like everything else, some people have the genetics to handle huge work loads, and some like me don't.
Despite having weak recovery abilities I've managed to make good size and strength gains by learning my body, and trying not to over stress it.

I used to train 5 days a week and was never able to get to the next level, I chatted with some pros some years back and found out one thing that people keep forgetting and that is YOU GROW WHEN YOU REST AND SLEEP AND WHEN YOU EAT NOT IN THE GYM.

I now train 3 days a week 30min a day, changing my workout help me beat all my brick walls............

Top Bottom